futurePA91

Application cycle 2014-2015

Man, this wait is killing me (hyperbole emphasized).

I was accepted to an established program where I currently live, but GVSU is my first choice.  Problem is I have to put a $1500 deposit to hold my spot in the other school.  The deadline for paying the deposit will be around the time that we should hopefully hear from GVSU.  I hope they let us know soon!

Woohoo!!!  Just heard I was accepted today to the Traverse City program!

So now my wife and I just have to confirm that this is my first choice, which it is.  So thankful that I didn't have to waste $1500 at the other school, even though it would have been worth it if necessary.

Good luck to everyone else and Happy Thanksgiving!

• Upvote 1

I was accepted to the Grand Rapids campus but will be declining my seat. Best of luck to everyone else, hopefully one more of you will hear good news because of it!

• Upvote 1

I have a question about clinical rotations. Does anyone have an idea where most rotations are? Are most in the hospitals around the grand rapids area in teaching hospitals?

I applied and was accepted into the Traverse City program, but I believe the Grand Rapids program does utilize the hospitals around Grand Rapids as well as private practices and other clinics throughout Michigan.

Hi Seaweed1029,

3.94 gpa, Biomedical sciences major, chemistry minor

700 patient care hours as a CNA in a nursing home

GRE: 87 percentile in quantitative, 89 in verbal

About 50 volunteer hours as a mentor 

About 100 hours as a biology and chemistry tutor