futurePA91

Application cycle 2014-2015

I don't know if they really start reviewing applications before the deadline. They definitely focus on GPA! Especially the science GPA.

It states on the website that they do not begin contacting applicants for interviews until after mid October, and then admissions decisions are not sent out until January.

Regarding the essay, I shadowed a PA who graduated from GVSU and she was told they did not look at any essays she had written or anything.  So, with that they must focus on GPA and experience, because there isn't much else until they meet you in the interview.

They should be sending them out soon, I got a call on friday because of a missing transcript and they said they needed it asap because they want to make decisions this week.

I work at St. Mary's in downtown Grand Rapids and we have had several GVSU students come to my floor for the psych rotation. From what I've heard there are rotations both in the Grand Rapids area and further out, as well (east side, northern Michigan, etc.)

I was wondering if anyone who had an interview could provide some information about the interview day. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

It is a very laid back experience.  They have current students available for you to ask questions and they give excellent feedback.  Assuming they do it the same way, they split us into groups of 6 and then we rotated through "stations."  We got a tour of the facilities, talked with the program director, had a break, talked with admissions to confirm any missing prerequisites, wrote an essay (2 really, they were quite simple/basic), and had the interview.

As long as you have thought through why you are doing this, then you should be fine.  Just be yourself, that is what they care about.

• Upvote 2

A total of 36, but they also had an afternoon session and I don't know how many were there during that time.

It was supposed to be split, 18 for the Grand Rapids location and 18 for Traverse City, but it ended up being 21 for TVC and 15 for Grand Rapids.

• Upvote 1