LSU Health Shreveport HSC App Cycle 2014-2015

Has anyone received an email recently about interviews? Here's what I got this morning (had some complications with my university sending my transcript to CASPA a while back):

Thank you for your application to the LSU Health Shreveport PA Program. Your application is in committee review. We are currently assigning interview dates for October, November, and December. You will be notified by email if anything is found to be missing from your application. You will be notified by email if you are selected or not for an interview.

Again, thank you for applying and good luck.

Sincerely,

LSU Admissions Committee

I got the same email way back on July 7th.  Still haven't heard anything since that date.  It's been three months.

Has anyone received an email recently about interviews? Here's what I got this morning (had some complications with my university sending my transcript to CASPA a while back):

Thank you for your application to the LSU Health Shreveport PA Program. Your application is in committee review. We are currently assigning interview dates for October, November, and December. You will be notified by email if anything is found to be missing from your application. You will be notified by email if you are selected or not for an interview.

Again, thank you for applying and good luck.

Sincerely,

LSU Admissions Committee

Are you serious? My last name starts with a U haha you must be kidding..

Same. Nothing. I heard LSU New Orleans interviews in alphabetical order; maybe Shreveport does that, too. This is my sole comfort. : )

• Upvote 1

Are you serious? My last name starts with a U haha you must be kidding..

And the freak out begins! My last name starts with a Y!! We'll be last to hear.....if they do it that way then they must interview everyone then make decisions. It would suck if they filled the class before they got to me :/

I just heard from a 2nd year LSUHSC Nola that they do it in alphabetical order... I think they pick the top 100 applicants and do those in alphabetical order, then send out acceptance letters for that group... Then they interview whoever else has the next highest scores/hours/etc after they figure out how many spots they have left. Just my opinion.

Also, my last name is in the last 5 letters of the alphabet... Wonderful. : )

Wondering if anyone has heard anything.  Based on earlier posts it looks like interviews are held in October, November and December.  Has anyone interviewed yet?  I am from out of state so I know my chances are slim.  

My CASPA has been verified since early July and I received confirmation from the program saying my application is under review, but I have yet to hear anything else.. I am also out of state and know that can affect things! I just feel like we should hear something by now.

I haven't heard from Shreveport since July 10th in an email stating they'd hold interviews Oct-Dec.

I am in-state and have relatively competitive scores/hours/etc. 

Wishing everyone the best.

Has anyone heard anything lately? I know interviews were held in October, anyone receive an invite for November or December?  It's a little frustrating with such little communication being sent out.

I have an interview next week. Other than that, I don't know many other people applying so no clue about how things have gone so far.

What letter does your last name start with? If you do not mind me asking of course.

• Upvote 1

I interviewed on Monday (11/3) any posters that were on that day?

I was there Monday (11/3).  I received my acceptance offer yesterday afternoon (11/4).

I got an email today basically saying I don't get an interview. I just wanted to let you guys know because if you didn't get one you probably still have hope! My last name starts with an S. Good luck to everyone who applied!! :)

Anyone have any advice regarding the interview? I have one coming up December 9th, starting to get ready for it! Any help would be appreciated. 

Little info session first, then you will eventually have 3 separate interviews--Academic, clinical, and then with program director.

Good luck!