LSU Health Shreveport HSC App Cycle 2014-2015

I'm applying. Submitting my supplemental application today. Is it really unlikely to get in this school if you are out of state?

Per their FAQ: "we are authorized to accept up to 10% of our class as out of state residents."

Strong preference for Louisiana residents. Not good odds for out of staters.

I had got the following email, "Thank you for your application to the LSU Health Shreveport PA Program. Your application is in committee review. We are currently assigning interview dates for October, November, and December. You will be notified by email if anything is found to be missing from your application. You will be notified by email if you are selected or not for an interview."

I am applying to this school as well, I plan on sending in my supplemental tomorrow. Im off to a late start, hopefully it doesnt affect my chances too much. 

Good Luck Everybody!

I sent in my CASPA app in June, and also got that email about my application being reviewed. I am also out of state (Maine) and am hoping to get an invite to this school. I have already been accepted at another school, and have interviews elsewhere, but LSUS is my top choice! Here's to hopin' on that 10% :)

@PAapplicant23: Are u you a louisiana resident? And when was your caspa app sent out and then verified by lsu??

I am a Louisiana resident and submitted CASPA mid July.

Shreveport received it a couple days after my CASPA was verified.

My application was verified 2-3 days after submitting it on CASPA. I also sent in my secondary app with the check late September.

Late September? Today is Sep 15. Also, If you dont mind sharing your stats I'm sure the rest of us would appreciate it.

Late September? Today is Sep 15. Also, If you dont mind sharing your stats I'm sure the rest of us would appreciate it.

wow. sorry. I meant I sent in my secondary app early August. Not sure why I was thinking late September.

Haven't heard anything from LSUHSC in New Orleans or Shreveport except that they are reviewing applications.

I heard NOLA is having twice as many interviews as last year so maybe that's the hold up there. As for Shreveport, no idea.

Anyone who has received an invite to interview: what are your stats for GPA and healthcare hours?