2014-2015 CASPA Cycle

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any advice to those whose interviews are coming up? I am interviewing 11/22 7:30 am. Very nervous ;(

Hello!  I was very nervous for my interview too but once I got there I felt more comfortable.  There was about 30 people in the interview.  The first thing we did was got a presentation about the program and met the head of the program.  The next thing we did was write a short response to a question they asked us (which is a no brainer!)  Then they took us to our interviews.  You will have two interviews with two different people.  My interviews were with an admissions worker and a clinical professor.  Both interviews were what I expected.  Questions like.... why do you want to be a PA, where have you worked with PA's, tell me about a stressful situation you have been in, etc.  Most of the questions you can find online.  What I liked about this interview was I think it really forced you to answer questions like you normally would and almost forced you to be yourself.

Goodluck, you will do great!

Hello! I was very nervous for my interview too but once I got there I felt more comfortable. There was about 30 people in the interview. The first thing we did was got a presentation about the program and met the head of the program. The next thing we did was write a short response to a question they asked us (which is a no brainer!) Then they took us to our interviews. You will have two interviews with two different people. My interviews were with an admissions worker and a clinical professor. Both interviews were what I expected. Questions like.... why do you want to be a PA, where have you worked with PA's, tell me about a stressful situation you have been in, etc. Most of the questions you can find online. What I liked about this interview was I think it really forced you to answer questions like you normally would and almost forced you to be yourself.

Goodluck, you will do great!

Katelynspad, you're awesome! Thank you for your experience ,def keeping me more at ease. Virtual hug to you! :)

Thank you! And no I wasn't asked to stay for a third interview. Were you in the morning session?

Yes I was in the morning session!  

Also, I was asked to stay for a third so I was just wondering if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Well I guess I'll just have to wait and find out :)

Yes I was in the morning session!

Also, I was asked to stay for a third so I was just wondering if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Well I guess I'll just have to wait and find out :)

Were you in A-L or M-Z? I was in M-Z and 2 girls in my group were asked to stay for a 3rd interview and one girl was called out again but I don't think it was for a 3rd interview. Wonder if we were in the same room lol

Were you in A-L or M-Z? I was in M-Z and 2 girls in my group were asked to stay for a 3rd interview and one girl was called out again but I don't think it was for a 3rd interview. Wonder if we were in the same room lol

Oh I was in A-L, I think about 4-5 people in my room were asked to stay for a 3rd?

Could anyone give me an idea of the format of the interview? What is the 3rd interview you all are talking about?

The day starts with a presentation about the program then a short writing sample. Then you have your interviews, my cycle had two 1-on-1 interviews...but some people were asked to stay for a 3rd 1-on-1...but no one knew why

Good luck!!

Just got offered an interview invitation today and am super excited! Trying to set up my interview online and the system they use will not let me login. Keeps saying my e-mail address is not on file, even after I tried inputting the lost password suggestion. Called the school and keep getting PA voice mail, which is full. Any suggestions? I am planning to call tomorrow as well and assume they have left the office for the day at this hour. Thanks!

Call the number they provided you in the email. I had the same issue!

Just got offered an interview invitation today and am super excited! Trying to set up my interview online and the system they use will not let me login. Keeps saying my e-mail address is not on file, even after I tried inputting the lost password suggestion. Called the school and keep getting PA voice mail, which is full. Any suggestions? I am planning to call tomorrow as well and assume they have left the office for the day at this hour. Thanks!

Could anyone give me an idea of the format of the interview? What is the 3rd interview you all are talking about?

When I went back for my 3rd interview, she told me that it was just to get a better feel for me, because of mixed/uncertain reviews from one of the first two interviewers. The 3rd interview was really laid back- it was kind of more casual conversation I felt like.

Ckw13, was the first 2 interviews overall okay in your opinion? Anything out of the norm

They went pretty much the same as any other interviews I've done, but the first interviewer didn't seem particularly receptive to what I was saying. Perhaps she just had a good poker face. There's nothing I could have/would have done differently though! I can only be myself :]

Wow! Congratulations! People seem to be hearing back from Saturday's interview really early! I interviewed Tuesday 11/11 and I'm already anxious to hear back!

Interviewed Saturday 11/8! Got my acceptance letter via email Monday 11/10! I had a third interview. They didn't say it was because of mixed feelings/uncertainty... They told me I had a 3rd because of some faculty having extra time.

The day starts with a presentation about the program then a short writing sample. Then you have your interviews, my cycle had two 1-on-1 interviews...but some people were asked to stay for a 3rd 1-on-1...but no one knew why

Good luck!!

Can you discuss the topic for the writing sample? Was it something related to health care or was it like "what type of super power would you want and why?"

Also -- are the interview questions more traditional or ethical/situational?

Thanks!! 

Archived