• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jean16
      Hello,

I am seeking advice for a friend who unfortunately has waited until her last elligible year (year 6) and month (Dec) it seems to take her 1st PANRE. She seems to be under the impression that if she does not pass on this one attempt, she will have to return to PA school...therefore losing current position in an ICU since shell no longer have the -C. ( I don't believe  our state of residence allows PAs to work without it).  When researching the NCCPA and even this board I don't see any information about what would happen in a situation like this. I don't doubt that shell pass as she  was towards the top of the class and typically does well on exams...but I also find it interesting that theres no info on this anywhere. Does anyone know?
    • By UCSF Fresno
      The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) - Fresno Emergency Medicine PA Residency is accepting applications for the 2019 application cycle. This 18-month postgraduate program, affiliated with the UCSF School of Medicine, is designed to prepare PAs to practice in a variety of emergency medicine environments.
      We will be accepting 2 residents in 2019. The class will start June 26, 2019 but we will be offering rolling admissions into the Fall for accepted applicants who have a later PA school graduation date. 
      Deadline to apply is January 15, 2019. 
      Rotations include:
      Trauma Critical Care Pediatric Emergency Medicine Burn Orthopedics Dermatology Ophthalmology Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Toxicology Emergency Ultrasound Anesthesia EMS  Resuscitation courses include: ACLS, ATLS, BLS, PALS
      18-month stipend: $90,000
      Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, 4 weeks of vacation, membership in the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA), UCSF email access, textbook, malpractice coverage, and more.
      Paid travel to SEMPA 360, SEMPA's annual conference.
      Our state-of-the-art ED at Community Regional Medical Center serves as the only Level 1 Trauma Center/Burn Center for Central California, and handles an annual ED volume of over 110,000.
      The Department of Emergency Medicine hosts fellowships in Emergency Ultrasound, Medical Education, and Wilderness Medicine. Our faculty are involved in EMS, wilderness medicine, ultrasound, medical education, toxicology, international emergency medicine, and more. They are also leaders in the emergency medicine and EMPA community.
      For more information, please see the attached flyer.
      Website: http://www.fresno.ucsf.edu/emergency-medicine-physician-assistant/

Email: em.pa.residency@fresno.ucsf.edu
      Residency Flyer.pdf
    • By UNM EMPA
      UNM EMPA RESIDENCY:
      The University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine is excited to announce that we are accepting applicants now for our 2019-2020 class. Applications will close Feb 1st, 2019. Our class will start the last week of June, 2018 for an 18-month program for 2 residents. This year we have expanded our eligibility to applicants graduating an ARC-PA accredited program prior to May 31st, 2019. We strive to equip physician assistants with the clinical experiences and didactic teaching that will enable them to practice high-quality, evidence based emergency medicine. Our graduates will have comfort and competence in the care of critically ill patients, the broad scope of emergent presentations, and the skills necessary to be leaders in their profession. 

Cirriculum (# of 4 week blocks)
      Dedicated Orientation Block (1) Adult ED, including dedicated longitudinal block in ED Resus Unit (8) Community ED (1) Peds ED (2) Medical ICU (1) Surgical ICU (1) Combined US/Anesthesia (1) Cardiology (1) Orthopedics (1) Toxicology (1/2) OB/GYN (1/2) Electives (2) Salary/Benefits:
      $57,000 yearly salary Access to health, vision, dental, disability insurance with employer matching Contribution to retirement Paid Vacation Paid travel and registration SEMPA 360 conference SEMPA membership $500 per year CME allowance ATLS, FCCS, and dedicated airway course in orientation Setting:
      New Mexico's only level 1 trauma center, academic hospital and children's hospital Tertiary referral center for large rural state, with high acuity patients Easy access to outdoor activities, climbing, biking, skiing, as well as wonderful food and culture Nationally recognized faculty in EMS, Critical Care, Wilderness Medicine, Simulation and many other areas Applications Open: October 1st, 2018
      Applications Close: February 1st, 2019
      Website: http://emed.unm.edu/education/prospective-applicants/physician-assistant-residency-in-emergency-medicine.html
      E-mail: cpkalan@salud.unm.edu

• By irisheyes
      Hello! I feel blessed to be coming to you guys with such a problem, but it's been weighing on me and need advice from current PA-S's and PA-C's.
      I have been accepted to two schools: School A which is 20 minutes away from my current living space and School B which is closer to my parents, but still about an hour away. Schools A and B seem pretty comparable in terms of curriculum, program length (A: 27 mo versus B: 25 mo), PANCE pass rates (A: 97 versus B: 99), tuition (a difference of 3K), and employment rates after graduation. The main differences that I see are that school B is associated with a medical school, so networking opportunities and strength in name and that school B will end up costing almost 40K more due to cost of living expenses. School B was my top choice prior to interviewing but was not the first school to get back to me, therefore, I have not placed my deposit. School B is also where most of my college friends settled and has an opportunity for research, which is important to me. School A has cheaper living costs, and somewhat of a support system from my current workplace friends.
      l have seen two basic schools of thought for this quandary, which include:
      Go to the cheapest school, you'll thank yourself later. Go to the school that you will regret not going to if you choose otherwise.   Do you agree with either of these or have your own idea based on your own experience? Any anecdotes proving either correct or other statements would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More