• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HopefulthinkingPA
      What are my chances to get into a PA program? What programs would accept me? Or should I apply to post bacc/ or masters program? 
      I have a 2.88 GPA. BS in Human Biology. I have not taken the GRE. I am 26yrs Female AA. I have well over 1000 hours of clinical experience (paid, nonpaid/volunteer).
      I currently took a leave of absence from my position as a High-school science teacher, to take Biochemistry, Epidemiology and study for MCAT (plan on applying to Master of Biomedical to gain acceptance into DO school which is my ultimate dream). I am also considering PA school 
      MY  Letters Of Recommendation is from a  Chief PA at a  hospital and 2 MDs that are Directors  of Hospital. 

I want to remain hopeful but my dreams seem like they are drifting further away from me each day. I need advice.

• By cmpetschke
      I am a PA with 8 years experience in pediatrics (outpatient). I've been toying a little with the idea of going for the CAQ and was wondering if anyone who had gone through the process would be willing to share their experience?  My husband is the primary breadwinner in our family and as such I'm sort of at the mercy of his career in terms of where we live, how often we move around, etc.  I was thinking having the CAQ would be helpful when moving to a new state, trying to get a new job etc. 
      My biggest question is in regards to the procedures/patient case requirement. Because I work in an outpatient clinic, we rarely perform procedures such IV medication administration, LPs and we certainly never perform central lines or intubate.  Does this exclude me? How does this work- would I need to get experience in these areas before I can be considered for this qualification?
      Thanks. Any insight is much appreciated.
    • By pajourney
      Hey there,
      I have been working in an Urgent Care clinic for 2 months now as a PA-C. Just wanted to share my experiences getting started in the field for those interested. Check out my post below:
      What It's Like to Work as a New Grad PA
    • By HuntCo
      Hi everyone,
      I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the direction of some hospitals or private practices that have preceptors who are willing to take PA students in the scottsdale, mesa, Glendale, chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Phoenix area of Arizona. I am currently a first year PA student at Hofstra university in New York and we are getting ready for rotations this year. For my program, we are allowed to do two rotations out of state so I hoping to go to Arizona. However, we are responsible for finding the preceptor and giving the information to Hofstra. 
      I will be staying in Scottsdale but I am willing to drive!! 
      Any information will be helpful as I am not really sure where to begin looking or who to contact. 
      Thank you SO much in advance!!!
      Hunter 
    • By HuntCo
      Hi everyone,
      I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the direction of some hospitals or private practices that have preceptors who are willing to take PA students in the scottsdale, mesa, Glendale, chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Phoenix area of Arizona. I am currently a first year PA student at Hofstra university in New York and we are getting ready for rotations this year. For my program, we are allowed to do two rotations out of state so I hoping to go to Arizona. However, we are responsible for finding the preceptor and giving the information to Hofstra. 
      I will be staying in Scottsdale but I am willing to drive!! 
      Any information will be helpful as I am not really sure where to begin looking or who to contact. 
      Thank you SO much in advance!!!
      Hunter 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More