• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have any of you heard what the interview is like at USA? 

If the format is the same as last year, it will be program overview, tour, and group activity on the first day, then an individual interview on the second day.

If you went to the open house, the first day will probably seem familiar. I won't give any specifics regarding the group activity, but just be prepared to talk through a scenario with a few other applicants. In between waiting, the current didactic class will try to entertain any questions you may have. 

Everyone has a different experience with the individual interview and a lot of it depends on who is on your panel. Other than the PA faculty, they also brought in current preceptors, alumni, and faculty from the other allied health programs/medical school. I personally enjoyed my time there; felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Since this is two days, do we wear business dress both days? I only have one suit so I'm wondering if I should buy another business casual outfit or another business professional outfit. 

Yes, I would wear a suit on both days. I wore the same suit, just a different tie and shirt.

Hi everyone! I received my interview invite today via email! I was so flattered to have the opportunity to interview but I will actually be turning it down due to acceptance at another PA program! One less person for you all..... And GOODLUCK to everyone :) for those of you who are curious, I was an out of state applicant from Florida. 3.7 overall 3.59 science. 303 GRE.

We could all speculate why you may not have received an invite; did your CASPA application verify in time, did you submit your supplemental application in time, did your application fee check go through, did they get your GRE score in time, did you miss something in the requirements or maybe they have the wrong email address but you will have to call to really know. They have been super helpful when I called.

@joshmartin, so true! Received an email yesterday saying they had received my supp & regular application, but no GRE scores. Spoke with Nancy who was super sweet & helpful. It's a technical issue they are working to fix because my scores were sent well before the deadline & also marked as received well before the deadline. If anyone else thinks they should have gotten an invite, be sure to follow up! I submitted my receipt & documentation & hoping they fix it soon...

Hmm if you already received an invitation for the interview I would maybe just bring a CV and mention it while you are there because that's a big deal. I have more volunteer hours and more shadowing hours and just planned to mention it that way, but maybe post this question in the Ask a PA Director to see what an expert thinks?

Archived