• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know when I dropped off my application the stack on the coordiantor's desk was gigantic and she told me that was only a fraction of them. I never received a confirmation email, but I am assuming since I delivered the supplemental applicaiton by hand that is why? I had my GRE scores sent early in the summer and completed CASPA in August. I will probably call soon or stop by the office. When I do I will see if I can find out the final number of applicants.

31 is the information I was given by the coordinator. She said that does not mean they are qualified, just that they submitted some type of applicaiton. She said last year they received not quite as many and only 10 qualified. Of the 10, 5 showed up for the interview, and 2 accepted their offers. Don't be discouraged. The good news is if someone ahead of us gets the invite and declines, there are absolutely 6 seats reserved for veterans so we will be waitlisted and perhaps get a seat anyway.

Also, the total applications received was close to 600. Again, she said the same story applies (many people submit without meeting minimum requirements or do not fill out a supplemental applicaiton or get other necessary paperwork in on time). I hope this helps! Sorry it took me so long to get back.

USA must have done some serious outreach to vets this year to reach that number.

They are Yellow Ribbon and also a Servicemembers Opportunity College. I think word is just getting around on its own because USA does not really "outreach" or market to any length that I've ever seen. Again, I think our odds are good. The bottom line is that we are getting an interview. If you have an interview, you have a 40/90 chance of getting immediately accepted and then even better odds if people decline. On top of that, we'll nail the interviews because we will practice, practice, practice!

Good luck to everyone!  I have been away from these forums for a while.  I have already been accepted to another PA school and start in January.  I definitely would have given South Alabama serious consideration if they interviewed earlier!  Good news for you: one less person to compete.

Good luck to all you veterans!  My Army job was a helicopter mechanic.  I applied for IPAP and was placed on the alternate list 3 years in a row, 2011-2013.  During and since that time, I completed my degree in Biology (later re-took classes to improve my GPA!), became an EMT, then a paramedic, and worked part-time in a hospital and volunteered at my local fire/EMS station.  By the way, I was Active Duty until 2013, then became a Reservist, and was put on active orders in the Reserves for another year!  If you work hard, eventually you'll get to your goal!!!

Archived