ashek568

Writing "PA" in the Personal Statement

I have seen a handful of people write Physician Assistant (PA) in their Narratives.

It probably helps save character count by writing "PA" instead of the full two words, but wondering if this is maybe frowed upon? Of course, everyone on the ad-com would know what the abbrevation means, I am curious if this looks bad?

I used that exact strategy to trim my personal statement down.  Why would it be frowned upon or look bad?  After all, there is a groundswell of support within the profession for using PA instead of Physician Assistant....at least until we can get it changed to Physician Associate. 

I had a member of one of the programs I am applying to tell me to switch from Physician Assistant (PA)...then PA there on out, to solely using physician assistant instead. IDK, I switched it since it's my #1 choice. I'll probably go back to Physician Assistant (PA) --> PA to trim it down.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By EMT2PAC
      Hello,
      I am a currently a PA student graduating in August and sitting for my boards in September, based out of FL. No prior military experience and history as a licensed Florida EMT-B, ED tech, and over 1000 clinical hours as of now and GPA of 3.4.
      I am currently applying to the Navy for direct commission (DC) withing 6 months of graduation from school and was wondering if anyone has done DC to the navy (and if so what helped you be a good candidate), life as a navy PA-C, what to expect, specialties I can expect to be able to work in, and just any general info. I have a good recruiter but you never know and I hear a lot of good and bad.
    • By Jenniiffeerr
      Hi my name is Jennifer, I would love to apply to PA school, but I’m having a hard time to find a PA to shadow. Does someone have any suggestions  in Miami area?
    • By ltarke
      Hello Everyone, 
      We are holding the first open house for our Physician Assistant Program on January 30 at 6:00 p.m at the College of Saint Elizabeth in Morristown NJ (www.cse.edu).   For information about the program visit https://www.cse.edu/academics/aas/physician-assistant.   Please see the attached file and register soon by emailing me at ltarke@cse.edu.  Space is limited.  
      What you will gain: CSE requirements, tour the PA Program, meet the faculty, and Q & A.  

• By rachellee
      Hi everyone!

My name is Rachel and I am an upcoming PA student starting in May 2019 at USF's PA program in Tampa, Fl.
      I got my clinical experience first working as an EMT for an ambulance company, but later switching to being a medical assistant for a private practice dermatology experience in Plant City, FL (about 30 min from Tampa). I gained such valuable knowledge from both jobs! I currently still work for the derm practice, but will be leaving when I attend PA school. I just wanted to reach out to the pre-PA community because I'm sure there are a number of you who are looking to get clinical experience, and I wanted to see about giving the opportunity to someone who could gain valuable experience from this position. and FYI you do not need a medical license for this job, they do on the job training. I work here with the doctor as well as the PA. 

If you're interested, let me know and I'm happy to answer any questions and put you in contact with my office manager. :)
      Rachel
    • By Kavitar27
      Hello, I am a student doing my bachelor's and was wondering if there are any PA in Long Island -preferably in Northwell or Winthrop hospital - that are willing to take a shadow on. I am trying to get my shadowing hours complete before starting CASPA. Thank You! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More