Writing "PA" in the Personal Statement

I have seen a handful of people write Physician Assistant (PA) in their Narratives.

It probably helps save character count by writing "PA" instead of the full two words, but wondering if this is maybe frowed upon? Of course, everyone on the ad-com would know what the abbrevation means, I am curious if this looks bad?

I used that exact strategy to trim my personal statement down.  Why would it be frowned upon or look bad?  After all, there is a groundswell of support within the profession for using PA instead of Physician Assistant....at least until we can get it changed to Physician Associate. 

I had a member of one of the programs I am applying to tell me to switch from Physician Assistant (PA)...then PA there on out, to solely using physician assistant instead. IDK, I switched it since it's my #1 choice. I'll probably go back to Physician Assistant (PA) --> PA to trim it down.

Archived