2014-2015 Cycle

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, friends!

I posted on here back in November before the first round of interviews, but I was curious and read some posts again tonight since more interviews are coming up in a couple of days! I'm a current student and I can't wait to meet all of you! I've volunteered to be here for your interview day and I'm so excited for all of you to be at this point in your application process; way to go! Enjoy Winchester (I love it) and make sur eyou check out the pedestrian walking mall (part of Old Winchester. Not as amazing when it's frigid and less people are out exploring, but still something fun to check out when visiting).

And if you have any questions (anything at all!), feel free to send me a message or post on here. I'll try my best to check back here several times in the next few days. :)

Aerowe, Thanks so much for posting. I was going to ask and see if there were any current students who had recommendations on good places to go in Old Winchester. If you have a recommendation on a good spot to go for dinner tomorrow night that would be awesome. And of course, you are welcome to join!

For everyone who is coming in to meet for dinner tomorrow night, lets do 6:30 since that seems like it works better for everyone. If we get a good recommendation we can go with that, otherwise we can meet at Union Jack.

I just typed a long message on here and then accidentally went "back" in the browser so I have to start over. Oops.

Anyway:
Thank you so much for the invite! My schedule is pretty crazy tomorrow but if something changes I'll certainly let you know; I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Union Jack is a pretty good place. A lot of students in my class (Class of 2016) met there for the first time ever about a week before our classes began in the summer, oh the memories. Plus downstown Winchester is beautiful and historic and Union Jack is on the pedestrian walking mall (make sure you don't accidentally try to drive onto it! haha You have to park on the street and walk from there, but the whole walking mall is only 2 blocks so even if you accidentally park all the way on the other side you won't have to walk very far). Also on the walking mall are a Mexican place, a Thai place, and a restaurant called Brewbaker's (I haven't been to that one yet though so I can't comment on it). You'll be impressed by the gorgeous and charming Old Winchester, but there's so much more happening there in the spring/summer so don't be turned off from it if it looks a little empty (it's frigid outside!).

As I said before, I can't wait to talk to all of you on Friday and I wish you all the safest of travels (seriously, there was solid ice growing on my car when I left from classes today. Yuck.)!

Sounds great. I am going to go down to Old Winchester today and check out all the restaurants and see which looks like it would be easiest. Since people may not all be arriving at the same time, I am going to see if one is a little more flexible in terms of not having to get a set size table, etc. I will update the forum with the restaurant we are meeting at, so check back here when you arrive!

Hi Everyone, I checked out all the places today and it looks like the Mexican Restaurant will be the easiest. There is a decent sized bar area we can grab seats at as people arrive. The name of the Mexican Restaurant is El Centro. It is located on the walking mall in Old Town. Lets plan to meet there at 6:30pm. I will try to get there a little early. I have a purple knit winter style headband I will wear. 

Hello again! I'll have a bit of free time this evening so I'll see if I can stop by and introduce myself for a little bit while you're all at El Centro. I'm not sure yet how long I'll be able to stay but I figure it'll just be nice for you to be able to see a slightly familiar face tomorrow morning!
Also, I will just apologize now for my lack of effort toward my appearance this evening. It'll be my spent-all-day-at-school-then-studying-and-no-time-for-caring-in-the-evening appearance. I hope you all aren't dressing up or anything...lol. Hope to see ya soon!

I like the program even more after the interview!  When the day started, I was a bit tensed up yet excited at the same time to get things started.  As the day went by, the students at Shenandoah made us feel at ease.  The faculty and students were very nice and were open about any discussion.  The food was good to.

They heavily emphasize on proactive preventive care, teamwork, and service, amazing traits that make a leader :)

Same thing here!  My CASPA was verified June 30th - only thing I have gotten is a confirmation of my prerequisite plan in the mail (what I have completed and the 2 classes that I am working on now).

Hi, AMG!

I was confused by your post--you got a confirmation of your prerequisite plan? I put mine on CASPA & I did see that SU had a worksheet for it...should I have submitted that? I haven't received any confirmation of my prereq plan.

Congratulations to all of you who got interviews and acceptances! How exciting. :)

I haven't heard a thing yea or nay yet (verified end of October). Obviously, if you all have, that means I'm not quite at the top of the interest list. ;) Does anyone know if there are seats left?

Has anyone been called since mid-January for an interview?

Hi all. I received an acceptance e-mail this morning from Cathy. Congrats to all who also received acceptance.

I loved the program. Out of my 4 interviews, this program was definitely my favorite!

Best wishes to everyone still waiting to hear or those with upcoming interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived