Application for fall 2015

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting for UAPC to finish their review.  

Got confirmation that they received my completed application and all transcripts but depending on total application volume it could be a total of 2-3 months before they complete their assessment...  which means possibly another month for mine to be reviewed.

When did you submit your transfer application?

I'm in the same situation. I currently attend a CUNY school and submitted my transfer application on the 1st of Jan. The website says it takes 6-8 weeks. Other than that, all of my application is complete. 

Has anyone had an interview yet? If so, mind mentioning the format/how it went? Not asking for specifics, just in general how you felt it was. 

You will be interviewed by 2-3 professors. Questions are generic like online. Be prepared to answer questions if you have a bad grade here or there and make sure you have a strong solid answer , convincing them you will be able to manage the rigor of the program. They have a small short essay question at the end

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I turned in the last of my paperwork the second week of February. I had to re-submit a recommendation letter because a doc put hours of HCE on it as well so I was a bit close to the deadline. Also, I just received acceptance into York and paid my $100 two weeks ago so I cut it pretty close. 

Best of luck back

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I received notice that my UAPC application was complete over a month ago but haven't heard anything back from York specifically.

I am trying to get in touch with their registrar's office but no luck so far. The deadline to have our formal evaluations done by the registrar is April 1st.

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from the registar? Does anyone have another number for the registrar than (718) 262 - 2145? or email address? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im currently completing my bachelors in the fall of 2015 and I will have met all of the requirements by then. I have a 3.65 overall and 3.4 science gpa, with over 1000 hours shadowing. However I will only complete my EMT course this summer, how many hours do all of you think is necessary for applying to the program? Im assuming somewhere between 1500 and 2000? Thanks in advance.

@BK-PA if you would have completed all of the prerequisites for the program by fall 2015, I'm assuming you'll be applying for Fall 2016 matriculation? By then the program at York would more than likely be transitioned to a Graduate level program, possibly requiring a few more prerequisite classes- if any. Take that into consideration. Also, being that the current required hours of direct patient contact is a "minimum" of 200, I highly doubt it'll jump to 1500-2000 even if it transitions to a masters program next year. If your current healthcare experience is viable, I think that will be more than fine, although the more the merrier. Keep gaining hours until you apply.

I got a phone call last week before spring break and will be attending York in the fall! Only another two weeks till everyone is notified. Need to take the health professions and english 303 class this summer so I may meet a few of you before school starts. Good luck to everyone!

I got a phone call last week before spring break and will be attending York in the fall! Only another two weeks till everyone is notified. Need to take the health professions and english 303 class this summer so I may meet a few of you before school starts. Good luck to everyone!

Hello PA-SK,

Congratulations on your acceptance into the program. Unfortunately, I didn't hear back from York yet, although, my interview was before yours. When you received a call, did they mention if all decisions are made. What is your personal opinion on that? You think they might still call?

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted, please share little more info on the phone call.

Hi otashco, 

They said they are letting most people know in regards to acceptance around May 1st still. I think some people received a phone call early but the majority of students did not yet. So, keep your hopes up!

And the phone call was short and sweet just letting me know I was accepted. 

Archived