Summer 2015 PA Applicants

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

I'm a first year undergrad and I'm interested in the pa program so I was wondering if I could get some advice from all of you experienced students.

Also I have a few questions I was hoping you could answer:

1. How long did it take you to complete the prerequisites and admission requirements and build your transcript?

2. What's the best way to contact suny downstate pa program? I've tried calling but no one answers, I've sent emails and no one answers. I don't live in NYC so i can't really visit them in person whenever I have a question.

Thank You!

Hello!

I completed the pre-reqs over my 4- year undergrad as a Biology major while shadowing and getting direct care experience. I'll graduate next week. It was sophomore year when I chose PA as the Heath care route for me. So as a bio major I had already completed gen bio I and II etc, the introductory courses. Then I started to plan the additional courses that weren't needed for my major into my schedule like abnormal psych. Some schools, like mine,limits courses to specific semesters so be careful of that. Also, my school only allows seniors in their last semester to take microbiology so I waited until this semester for that. It can definitely be done sooner if you only want to complete the pre-reqs.

For me, email works, but I think I've only emailed admissions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived