Summer 2015 PA Applicants

Hey everyone!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! Good luck to those who are still waiting :)

I am currently a first year PA student at Downstate and I just wanted to say hello! If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot me a message. I would love to help out. I was just in your position this time last year!

P.S  I also live in the dorms if anyone has any housing type questions.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Teerose for taking the time to reach out to us, so nice of you, I'll pm you my questions in a bit.

I literally applied 14 mns before the deadline.. Also interviewed April 1st, and received my acceptance letter on April 11 th. I can relate to those who are still waiting since I was in that situation last year. The only thing I can tell you guys is 'do not give up on your dreams'. View this calamity as an opportunity to strengthen your application in order to have a better chance next time.

By the way guys, why don't we create a Facebook page for the upcoming class? We need to start getting to know each other; it's going to be the longest 27 months of our lives... I was told by current and past PA students that one of the best ways to succeed in PA school is having strong, reliable study group. Let's make it our mission to be one of the best PA class ever!! ✌️

Hi guys! Wanted to let you know I just had my interview two days ago. I spoke with my friends there and they told me they had their interviews on the last day and both got in. They said they have someone in the program who got it the day of. I believe slots are open otherwise they would not be interviewing anymore. Stay positive! 

when i had my interview on april 1st, they told me they will be sending responses/acceptance letters until the end of may, so i am trying to stay positive. Last year my friend got an acceptance letter right before memorial day weekend, which was a week before the program started!

It took 7 weeks between my interview and my acceptance letter! Don't give up hope! Writing a letter or email thanking help couldn't hurt if it's been a while. I wrote them a little email thanking them for the opportunity of interviewing and updated them on what I've been doing since the interview.. just a little reminder of my existence lol. 4 days later my checklist changed to accepted...

Good luck to everyone still waiting! And to accepted people, has anyone started a facebook group yet? 

Pagirl, the checklist once you submit your application only shows the application processing fee... The "updating" that they're talking about is when your checklist shows accepted/alternate student requirements such as immunization forms, background check, etc that you need to enroll as a student. Once you see that stuff that means you're either accepted or put on the alternate list.. That's where you wait for an email to tell you which one.. Hope this helps

Pagirl, the checklist once you submit your application only shows the application processing fee... The "updating" that they're talking about is when your checklist shows accepted/alternate student requirements such as immunization forms, background check, etc that you need to enroll as a student. Once you see that stuff that means you're either accepted or put on the alternate list.. That's where you wait for an email to tell you which one.. Hope this helps

hi everyone, 

I interviewed on March 4th and still waiting to hear back. I  had a few questions that I was hoping some people knew the answers. 1. Does downstate send out rejection letters soon after the interview? 2. Are  they still sending out acceptances? When does Downstate accept until...

Thanks

Archived