Summer 2015 PA Applicants

Hey all.....no need to panic if you have not yet received an invite for an interview . I only got mine in late Feb and didn't get my response of acceptance until end of April. Just try to have your check list completed and check in a few times to make sure they have everything. 

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Amaida93,

I interviewed Feb 4th and am still waiting to hear back :/ 

But the interview was pretty laid back. First, you write a short essay on a health-related article that they'll give you, then you go into a room with two people and interview. It seemed like the questions were pretty specific to my application, to fill in things they wanted to know about me. Be ready to answer for any shortcomings in your application (they're very nice and understanding, just make sure you have an answer!) Also, know their mission statement and why you want to go to downstate specifically. 

Just be yourself! They are all very nice people, from my experience! 

Good luck!!

Congrats oayal !!!

You are the first person who knows is accepted and shared it here on the forum. Nice! How was your interview, any tips for those who are waiting? When did you submit your application?

prepa22, thanks for your insight. It is always helpful to read something about the process to lessen the "unknown" factor :)

amaida93 how was your interview? Any advice on how it is went?

I feel that this year forum is rather quiet :) Unfortunately I do not have much to share from my experience, because I am still waiting. My submission was in November, but I hope they will contact me pretty soon.

Good luck everybody!

Hello all

I am new to the forum

I sent my application 2 weeks before the due date. Interviewed on March 11th.  I received my acceptance letter by email today.  

For the interview just be yourself. They were very nice and made me feel that they just wanted to know me.  The hardest part of it all is the wait.  My online checklist was updated last Thursday, so I new they had accepted me but did not know if it was as an alternate since the checklist is the same for both.  The email today confirmed my acceptance.

Wishing you all good luck and looking forward to meeting you all at the orientation day.

Casper15, thank you for sharing your experience. And congratulations, of course!

Yes, it is true that the waiting is the hardest part and it always feels sooo long. Especially if I am still waiting, trying to estimate the chances.

I hope they are still interviewing and are not going to finish very soon.

Did they call you or sent you an email? Do they inform about the interview a week before or earlier?

Regards for all "still waiting"

Hello christina02272010.

When you sent your application you received an email with a user name, password and a URL address.  This information is used to log into the website and keep track of your checklist.  For a long time the only item there was the application fee. 

Hope this helps

Just checked my checklist and the accepted student/alternate list checklist is there!! ahhh!! Waiting for the official email to find out if I'm accepted or on the alternate list, but the first two items on the checklist are Deposit and Acceptance response form soo.... 

Wow it's been 6 weeks since my interview, so if anyone is still waiting don't give up hope! 

:) 

Hi christina02272010,

I paid for my application online and to do this I had to follow the link they sent me, with my username and password. They sent the link with confirmation my application was submitted. Check your inbox and maybe thrash (who knows). If you don't find it, contact admission office, because you need assigned username and password to access your checklist.

Archived