I interviewed on Tuesday, December 16th and was offered admission a few hours after the interview over the phone. Happy to say that I'll be part of the LLU class of 2017! As for the interview...it was probably the toughest interview I've had yet. Stay strong, be yourself and you'll be fine!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was invited for an interview on Jan 27 3 days ago :)! I was originally offerred Jan 13, but I am unable to attend that date. They called me back once they figured out when the next interview date would be. For those of you still waiting for an interview, I hope you hear from them soon!

I'm interested in applying to LLU's program for the upcoming cycle.  I just was wondering if the program participates in rolling admissions or not?  I've looked through their site and FAQs, and it doesn't seem to mention anything about it.  It does state that interviews are conducted in January and February, which made me think they don't participate in rolling admissions.  Yet, after reading this thread, it seems like that was inaccurately stated and they may participate in them.  Can someone clarify this for me?  Thank you for your time and help in advance! Good luck to all during this cycle!

I'm interested in applying to LLU's program for the upcoming cycle.  I just was wondering if the program participates in rolling admissions or not?  I've looked through their site and FAQs, and it doesn't seem to mention anything about it.  It does state that interviews are conducted in January and February, which made me think they don't participate in rolling admissions.  Yet, after reading this thread, it seems like that was inaccurately stated and they may participate in them.  Can someone clarify this for me?  Thank you for your time and help in advance! Good luck to all during this cycle!

I'm fairly certain that they do rolling admissions. I applied rather late IMO (August) and managed to snag an interview with them in Mid-December. They wanted me to come in November, but I had a scheduling conflict. Most schools that do not participate in rolling admissions will explicitly state it (MBKU, for example). I think it's safe to assume that programs that don't state it do participate in rolling admissions. Hope this helps!

I sent in my supplemental in December and I received an email today from Loma Linda asking me to fill out financial aid information. Is this a standard step for everyone who submits a supplemental or only for those LLU is interested in interviewing? I appreciate feedback .

I sent in my supplemental in December and I received an email today from Loma Linda asking me to fill out financial aid information. Is this a standard step for everyone who submits a supplemental or only for those LLU is interested in interviewing? I appreciate feedback .

I think that is just a generic email. If invited for an interview they will call you.

Hi Efsalaza

Tips:

1-You will be nervous like everyone else in the room but when you talk to others it will help to relax you.

2-be prepared ahead of time and make mock interviews with ur friends or family to answer the questions (some suggest to buy the book), I never read it but prepared from online suggestions

3- study for the medical terminology. I forgot some of my med.terms. :(

Good luck hope this helps :)

Hey bpace8136,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!

Looking at your picture I see you have 2 children! How awesome!

I know loma linda is a religious institution. Should I be worried that I am an unwed father of 2?

Don't sweat it! Just because LLU is a religious campus doesn't mean that they are going to judge you. We have a single mom in our class and even some atheists. Congrats on getting an interview and good luck!

Hello everyone,

One more thing! I'm really really stressing over the attire!

Im very simplistic I own about 5 shirts and 3 pairs of pants. I'm not entirely sure how to dress for this!

I know it has to be fancy but I'm not sure what is appropriate and what's not, any advice?

I'm a male btw

Hello everyone,

One more thing! I'm really really stressing over the attire!

Im very simplistic I own about 5 shirts and 3 pairs of pants. I'm not entirely sure how to dress for this!

I know it has to be fancy but I'm not sure what is appropriate and what's not, any advice?

I'm a male btw

I will echo the above and say suit and tie. Avoid anything too flashy.

Also if anyone is interested this was a good read and actually has a methodology supporting their PA ranking system. LLU did really well! Yay

J Physician Assist Educ. 2010;21(4):30-6.

A novel approach to ranking physician assistant programs.

Van Rhee J1, Davanzo MJ.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paeaonline.org%2Findex.php%3Fht%3Daction%2FGetDocumentAction%2Fi%2F118967&ei=cKe0VOv-MIHXoAS15YJg&usg=AFQjCNHzgrMVbA9ti5-tMAEFWR5axlrf1g&sig2=3B_0CFioTt_jkHq5Y48ZJQ&bvm=bv.83339334,d.cGU

Archived