• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, LLU's supplemental was definitely the most time intensive one I had too but I was so pleasantly surprised that it was free!

I hear that a lot of people get weeded out though just from not bothering to send the supplemental app so good for you guys for tackling it.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I haven't made a whole lotta progress on it yet. It's pretty daunting for someone whose not particularly religious

You don't have to be religious to attend LLU and you certainly don't have to say you're religious in the essays. You could discuss the importance of learning to be sensitive of cultural/religious/spiritual beliefs as you will be seeing patients from all different backgrounds. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I have lived in Southern CA my whole life. Loma Linda is a very well respected university and medical facility. Obviously I am biased since I'm attending this program but part of what drew me to it was that a lot of my peers had nothing but good things to say about LLU. Congrats on finishing the supplemental and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have come into some resistance with taking classes online. All my science classes with labs were completed all online as well. Now, I am finding that taking these classes has worked against me since my labs in particular were done online. Has anyone else encountered this problem or am I the only one?

• 2 weeks later...

Wanabepa,

I'm sorry to hear that. When did you submit the supplemental?

Also, does anyone know if they are interviewing already?

Just as a disclaimer I don't actually know what the admissions team is doing right now. I am just a first year student and can only tell you how I perceived things to go based off of last years' cycle. Interview invitations started around mid-October for interview dates in early December. LLU usually has their interviews on Tuesdays either every week or every other week beginning in December up until late January to mid-February. They seem to mail rejections to any applicants that don't meet the minimum requirements first which in Wanabepa's case seems to be because he/she did his/her science labs online which unfortuntely does not meet the prerequisites listed on the website. So in summary, if you haven't received a rejection letter in the mail, you are still in the running!

Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking.. When did you send in your supplemental application?

Thank you! LLU confirmed recieving my CASPA application on 7/29, confirmed recieving my supplemental app on 8/20, and then on 8/24 they sent me another email saying they'd updated my application, that I had no items outstanding, and that they had all my letters of reference (my ones from CASPA- I did not send any additonal reference letters).

Another random note, I also did not submit my GRE score to them, since they do not require it.

Archived