Pls. Help me. Inquiries how to become Physician Assistant

Hi there everyone. I am from the Philippines and I want to become a physician assistant. Actually I have already a medical degree. I am already a doctor here in my country practicing for almost 4 years. I did the step 1 of MLE and passed it. (score not so high though). I was supposed to take the remaining steps but the first time I applied for visa as tourist, I got denied.

Now I saw this Physician assistant thing and I thought that's just easy to apply. Do I still have to enroll? Is there a tuition fee? How much is the tuition fee? What are my advantages since I am already a doctor. Do I still have to go over it again?

Please enlighten me because I wanna know how to become one ( for an international student/ doctor like me).

Thanks so much

Kamusta! Welcome to the site. One thing though, applying to PA school is not a mere formality since you already have a MD. It is HIGHLY competitive and the Admissions Committees are pretty keen on MD's who think of it as a fallback. My class had some FMG's like you, and one of them didnt make it (he failed). It is a little arrogant to assume that since you are a MD (a foreign one) that this "Physician Assistant thing" is easy...but good luck to you!

Archived