Does everyone get a supplemental?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree. I believe everyone who meets the minimum requirement for application gets the link to complete a supplemental application. I have not submitted mine yet. Any ideas on how to respond to which campus would provide the best learning environment: Boone or Winston-Salem? I have never been to North Carolina and the only difference I have noticed is the class size between the two campuses. Help!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree. I believe everyone who meets the minimum requirement for application gets the link to complete a supplemental application. I have not submitted mine yet. Any ideas on how to respond to which campus would provide the best learning environment: Boone or Winston-Salem? I have never been to North Carolina and the only difference I have noticed is the class size between the two campuses. Help!

I'm a WF class of 2016 person studying at the Boone campus.  The largest differences between the campuses is the fact that the Winston-Salem campus is located in an urban area, while Boone is much more rural.  Yes, the class sizes are different (24 currently in Boone vs 64 in Winston Salem) so that might factor into your interest as well.  There are no, as far as I can tell, differences academically or programmatically .  The faculty and staff work incredibly hard to make sure both campuses have equivalent/equal experiences and opportunities.

You should take a look at some of the press releases regarding the opening of the Boone campus.  One of the main goals of the program is to help with a shortage of medical providers in western North Carolina.  This is a largely rural area of the country and has a shortage of medical providers.  If you're interested in rural medicine, working with underserved populations, or specifically would like to practice in western North Carolina, I'd encourage you to consider the Boone campus.

From my perspective, I really enjoy being in Boone.  Our small numbers make it really easy for us to feel like a family, and I find that faculty are REALLY easy to get a hold of.  The Boone community (Appalachian State U. and Appalachian Regional Healthcare System especially) has been incredibly welcoming and helpful to us.  It's a great place to live.

For anyone in the area, there is an open house on Saturday, 8/23/14 at 10AM at the Boone campus.  My guess is that it will last about 1-2 hours, but I'm not sure.  It's a great opportunity to get more in-depth information about the program, and to observe a quick mock Inquiry Based Learning session.  

Good luck to you all!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a WF class of 2016 person studying at the Boone campus.  The largest differences between the campuses is the fact that the Winston-Salem campus is located in an urban area, while Boone is much more rural.  Yes, the class sizes are different (24 currently in Boone vs 64 in Winston Salem) so that might factor into your interest as well.  There are no, as far as I can tell, differences academically or programmatically .  The faculty and staff work incredibly hard to make sure both campuses have equivalent/equal experiences and opportunities.

You should take a look at some of the press releases regarding the opening of the Boone campus.  One of the main goals of the program is to help with a shortage of medical providers in western North Carolina.  This is a largely rural area of the country and has a shortage of medical providers.  If you're interested in rural medicine, working with underserved populations, or specifically would like to practice in western North Carolina, I'd encourage you to consider the Boone campus.

From my perspective, I really enjoy being in Boone.  Our small numbers make it really easy for us to feel like a family, and I find that faculty are REALLY easy to get a hold of.  The Boone community (Appalachian State U. and Appalachian Regional Healthcare System especially) has been incredibly welcoming and helpful to us.  It's a great place to live.

For anyone in the area, there is an open house on Saturday, 8/23/14 at 10AM at the Boone campus.  My guess is that it will last about 1-2 hours, but I'm not sure.  It's a great opportunity to get more in-depth information about the program, and to observe a quick mock Inquiry Based Learning session.  

Good luck to you all!

Thank you for this informative response. This really helped me respond to the campus choice question on my supplemental application.

• 8 months later...

Archived