Question about NRCME for DOT Examination

Did anyone here recently take the NRCME course,and if so, can you PLEASE recommend a particular institute that offers good, over all NRCME training online. I have found one website ( nrcmetraininginstitute.com )

but they charge 350 USD, and offer only 500 practice questions. Is there another online institute you would recommend, or should I stick to this one?

If possible, please recommend ANY study tips, and resources for this particular examination, thank you very much in advance.

That's who I used and passed the test,  I used the code GROUP250 and got the deal for $250 instead of $349.

The material is very dry.  It's not easy to learn.  Much of it is government bureaucrat  stuff. The test is not easy, but not super hard either.  It's doable for a person with a good medical background.  I have been told that chiros are flunking frequently.

That's who I used and passed the test,  I used the code GROUP250 and got the deal for $250 instead of $349.

The material is very dry.  It's not easy to learn.  Much of it is government bureaucrat  stuff. The test is not easy, but not super hard either.  It's doable for a person with a good medical background.  I have been told that chiros are flunking frequently.

I bet! Some of the questions were really off subject. I agree that it's not super hard but many questions are written very poorly. All of the training programs seem dry, boring, uninspired, and downright tedious. That's our government for you. I had my employers pay for the training and test fee. Can you run it by your bosses so that you don't have to pay for it?

• 2 years later...

I used the Two-Page Cheat Sheet, Exam Walk Through, and Practice Questions e-books from The DSG (DOT Study Guide). It was simple and straight-forward, and I'm sure helped me pass without any problems. And they just released updated material with audio versions, too. I'm trying to get the word out, because they are quite affordable for what they provide.

You can use the coupon code for PAs ("physicianassistant") to get 40% off anything. The link is: dotstudyguide.bandcamp.com

Good luck on the exam!

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2017 at 8:10 PM, ProudtobeaPA said:

I used the Two-Page Cheat Sheet, Exam Walk Through, and Practice Questions e-books from The DSG (DOT Study Guide). It was simple and straight-forward, and I'm sure helped me pass without any problems. And they just released updated material with audio versions, too. I'm trying to get the word out, because they are quite affordable for what they provide.

You can use the coupon code for PAs ("physicianassistant") to get 40% off anything. The link is: dotstudyguide.bandcamp.com

Good luck on the exam!

Yes, yes, yes! I'm a huge fan of DOT Study Guide! And that 40% code still works, as of 2 weeks ago. Do the mnemonics package, guys!

-SammyJ

• 8 months later...

I'm confused with the DOT thing.  To even begin the application process, the  FMCSA says "First complete the required training to begin the process.  Please note that you MUST complete the required training prior to registering."  But they do not elaborate on what this "required training" is or how to get it.  I took a look at dotstudyguide.bandcamp.com, but that does not seem to offer any sort of certificate of completion nor accreditation.   Am I missing something?  How can I tell if a course is accredited and offers the right completion documentation?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, PASamsOTHERacct said:

I'm confused with the DOT thing.  To even begin the application process, the  FMCSA says "First complete the required training to begin the process.  Please note that you MUST complete the required training prior to registering."  But they do not elaborate on what this "required training" is or how to get it.  I took a look at dotstudyguide.bandcamp.com, but that does not seem to offer any sort of certificate of completion nor accreditation.   Am I missing something?  How can I tell if a course is accredited and offers the right completion documentation?

I did mine online, through a vendor, and had to show up to a testing center, prove my identity, yadda yadda... And this was 4 years ago.  Not sure what the whole process involves now, but it undoubtedly includes money for training and money for testing.  I wouldn't know where to start today, and I wasn't super impressed or dissatisfied with the training course I went through, so I'm not going to recommend for or against it.

Archived