MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few of us have chatted via PM and are meeting at Watertown on Monday evening Oct 27, the night before the interviews. But, I am not from Seattle, so if anyone knows of any restaurants or coffee shops close by, I'm up for anything! And I think, the more, the merrier!

Hey Nucs2PA! I also am interviewing at MEDEX on 10/28 and would love to meet you all the night before.

A few of us have chatted via PM and are meeting at Watertown on Monday evening Oct 27, the night before the interviews. But, I am not from Seattle, so if anyone knows of any restaurants or coffee shops close by, I'm up for anything! And I think, the more, the merrier!

Hey you guys! I am new to this forum and I have an interview with MEDEX on the 28th! I live in Tacoma, but work in Seattle and would love to meet up! Thank you so much and best of wishes for everyone and congrats to those who have already been accepted!

Oh, and did everyone complete the grant form?

So I shouldn't be worried that I haven't heard anything since turning in my app on August 28th?[/

I wouldn't stress it. The 28th is a Thursday that was right before a long weekend with labor day falling the next Monday and very close to the September 1st early deadline which again was the holiday. I also submitted on the 28th and I think we will hear something this week but it will just be the general email saying that we fit the mold and for our apps to be pushed onto our site faculty for review.

I'm in Alaska so our interview date is not until December 6th this year, my guess is I won't hear anything for a bit after the initial email.

I was just reading through some old posts.....  How did you find the December 6 interview date?  This is my second time applying, hopefully my second interview as well!  I am trying for ANC first.  I currently work as a primary provider in a tiny village in Bristol Bay Alaska.  I hate this hurry up and wait period!

Current Medex student here. Good luck, I remember being in your shoes. I look forward to helping out with the selection conference! My piece of advice for you is this ; Medex is looking for something very particular in who they accept. You gotta fit in. read the mission statement. The key to getting into (and succeeding in) PA school is finding the right program for you.

Hey you guys! I am new to this forum and I have an interview with MEDEX on the 28th! I live in Tacoma, but work in Seattle and would love to meet up! Thank you so much and best of wishes for everyone and congrats to those who have already been accepted! Oh, and did everyone complete the grant form?

Hi Tmmcfadden27,

I will PM you. I turned the grant form in this morning :)

I'm with Tacoma pool here. I submitted my supplement & caspa 9/23, verified 9/29 by caspa. The latest info from Medex was 10/1 email:

"Thank you for submitting your electronic MEDEX Supplemental Application. We wanted to let you know that we have not received your CASPA application as of the writing of this e-mail.".

I believe nobody heard anything from Tacoma yet within this forum, but should I contact Medex at this point if they "received my application", or asking them if that email was a generic reminder?

Thanks.

I'm with Tacoma pool here. I submitted my supplement & caspa 9/23, verified 9/29 by caspa. The latest info from Medex was 10/1 email:

"Thank you for submitting your electronic MEDEX Supplemental Application. We wanted to let you know that we have not received your CASPA application as of the writing of this e-mail.".

I believe nobody heard anything from Tacoma yet within this forum, but should I contact Medex at this point if they "received my application", or asking them if that email was a generic reminder?

Thanks.

Keep the faith Tacoma folks. The email is the same one I got last year. I called and made sure that they had both my supplemental and Caspa applications. About a month later I got my invite to interview and here I am today part of the current Tacoma class! I know it's definitely easier said than done. Don't let other interviews for other sites get you down. Keep your head up and it will come. I got my invite around thanksgiving for my interview in December then got accepted about 4-5 days later.

Hello all!

First off, I want to thank all the alumni and current students for taking the time out of your valuable schedule to contribute to this thread. Secondly, I would like to congratulate all the applicants so far that have received notification on their acceptance to UW MedEX program. 

As for me, I have applied for the Tacoma and Spokane sites for the current cycle and playing the waiting game ><.

Best of luck to all! :)

Primum Non Nocere

Question for any current students roaming this site. I was unable to complete the grant application form due to personal reasons. My question is this, does completion of the grant application factor in acceptance into the program? I'm not sure if anyone would be able to answer this but thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks in advance.

Question for any current students roaming this site. I was unable to complete the grant application form due to personal reasons. My question is this, does completion of the grant application factor in acceptance into the program? I'm not sure if anyone would be able to answer this but thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it has a factor but be ready to explain why you didn't apply for it. In my interview last year there was a person that didn't put an application in for the stipend and they asked why they hadn't. I know there are some that cannot apply and that person fit into that category. I wouldn't worry about it to much. As long as you put your best self forward and leave it all out on interview day you'll have no regrets. Now, back to studying..

I don't think it has a factor but be ready to explain why you didn't apply for it. In my interview last year there was a person that didn't put an application in for the stipend and they asked why they hadn't. I know there are some that cannot apply and that person fit into that category. I wouldn't worry about it to much. As long as you put your best self forward and leave it all out on interview day you'll have no regrets. Now, back to studying..

Thank you for the info. I do appreciate it.

Archived