Bayshore 2014-2015 applicants

same here @jks204! CONGRATS! I saw Jennifer in person and she told me i was officially accepted and she would try to have the letters out by Friday (last wk) so hopefully we will be receiving something any day now! Again email and mailbox obsessed! LOL

Someone should start a FB group for accepted students!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone get formal acceptance letter yet? Had my interview, jennifer christie unofficially told me I got in, but no email or request for deposit yet....

jks204 when did you apply? I applied on Nov 1st and my app is still in review. This wait is obessessing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ catastrophe congrats to you too! Let me know when you get the notice! I am (not so) patiently waiting as well!

@ rmreilly- great idea, let us know when you make the group

@ lovelife- i applied in february.  I know a guy who had *great* stats that applied in august and JUST got offered an interview in May.  It seems like there's no rhyme or reason to it.  Keeping fingers crossed for yoU!

The wait is frustrating especially when there has been very little communication from the school. I  applied in July, got the notification that my application was complete in August. I contacted Jennifer Christie in January after not hearing anything since August and she had said they hadn't started looking at the applications because they were just finishing with the other Touro programs. The new CASPA cycle started today and still no information regarding my application. Sigh. 

I contacted the school about how I haven't gotten any response since August and got the following email response. 

The Admissions Committee for the Bay Shore PA Program did not start reviewing candidates until January 2015 and they are still conducting interviews. At this time, your application is still under review with the Admissions Committee. While you may hear from the Committee sooner, all final decisions will be made around June 1st.
In the meantime, please let me know if you have any further questions.

@jks204 I hope so. It's killing me now. I had one pre req pending but complicated it in Jan and sent my score right away. I called her yesterday and same thing. People applying months after me had their interview or at least invitation. @ness212 is right. New cycle opened yesterday and I dunno if I should reply and spend all the application fees again. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got my official notice, paperwork and deposit sent. Good luck to everyone else!

To anyone wanting interview advice- Im sure you've heard it before, be on time, be prepared to explain why you want to be a PA, know about the profession, and be yourself. :) They try very hard to make the experience positive!

Archived