Bayshore 2014-2015 applicants

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My application was complete in August of 2014. I wonder if they're going in order of when your application was completed?

No idea... Probably... I did call jennifer christie today and she confirmed they had their first batch of interviews... I applied 2 weeks ago... Now thats late.. Lol... But she said its fine abd that im still in the running... Dont know if she was just being nice or not

No idea... Probably... I did call jennifer christie today and she confirmed they had their first batch of interviews... I applied 2 weeks ago... Now thats late.. Lol... But she said its fine abd that im still in the running... Dont know if she was just being nice or not

Don't worry. I don't think it matters because touro is not doing rolling admissions. Keep some hope. No need to worry yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to Ms. Christie right now. My app is still in review but she said if it's in review is a good place to be at. Also they have 1 500 applications only for bayshore and only 65 seats. I dunno if I should laugh now or wait lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got that email too, what does that even mean in review vs not in review?

Hi all,

I just received this email:

We are pleased to inform you that your application for admissions to the Bay Shore PA program is now complete and will be submitted to the Admissions Committee for formal review. All final decisions will be made by June 1, 2015.  Correspondence will be forthcoming directly from the PA program. 

Is this what y'all were referencing earlier as being "in review"?  I had gotten an update a few weeks back that my application was being evaluated. Fingers crossed for an interview....

I wonder if everyone gets to this point- does every applicant get offered the supplemental, as they imply it is invite only, but it seems everyone does? Does every application go to review and get sent to admissions committee in the end? Does Touro send out denial letters to people along the the way? Just thinking out loud...

No everyone does not get invited to submit their supplemental application... Only select students. Donna told me that out of ~3000 applicants ~800 typically are invited to submit the supplemental. She told me there are 3000 applicants when I was in her office last week so I'm not so sure abt the discrepancies in numbers- whatever it is if you received the email stating your application is in review with the admissions committee you're in good shape! You've made 2/4 cuts! Good luck to all :) patently waiting for more correspondence

I'm actually a student at touro bayshore (bio major) already so I've spoken to Jen and Donna on several occasions- doesn't look like we'll be hearing anything too soon so if you're as obsessed as I am with checking your email don't get discouraged - I know this waiting game is tough but let's all hope it's worth it. Where are you all coming from?

Archived