Hey there!

I don't know if we'll have much news for a while, unfortunately. Invites are being sent out in September for interviews in October from what I understand.

Yea... mine was completed in the last week of May. They initially sent me a rejection letter. I guess they're starting to send out interview offers though, because Kandee called me yesterday saying that was being overturned. Letters go out in late August with instructions on how to schedule them.

@Trigator,  I had the exact same situation yesterday, Kandee definitely told you that you were getting an interview in the fall?

I'm worried now that this has happened to multiple people and that maybe I heard her wrong, but I believe she said I was definitely being offered an interview.

• Upvote 2

I've never heard of a rejection letter being sent out like that, especially before any sort of formal review. What was the reason and how it was resolved, if you don't mind me asking.

I didn't get a reason.  I literally got a rejection letter within a week of submitting my application.

I didn't necessarily ask for a reason either, though, don't really care too much, the important thing is that I'll be getting an interview. :)   

All they told me was that they "re-reviewed" my application and are overturning my rejection.

My guess is a glitch in the system or something.

Yep, sounds exactly like what happened to me. It was like 3 days after completion of the supplemental. I asked, but never really received any answer as to why it was such a swift no. But in answering your question, yes, she did say that they would be sent out in August and to expect something via snail mail.

Same exact thing happened to me. Glad I'm not the only one :) I thought my rejection letter so early was slightly hasty, but then I thought maybe they just knew what they were looking for.

• Upvote 1

Yep :) she said that the official letter will come in the mail. I asked why the change and they said the same thing, that they re reviewed some candidates applications. She also said it was a good thing, because I think she senses that I was slightly worried about it. I'm just glad they did!

Just to add, I sent them an email after I got my denial letter and they said they do not give feedback as to why an applicant is not accepted, just that the application pool is competitive.

Yep :) she said that the official letter will come in the mail. I asked why the change and they said the same thing, that they re reviewed some candidates applications. She also said it was a good thing, because I think she sensed that I was slightly worried about it. I'm just glad they did!

Just to add, I sent them an email after I got my denial letter and they said they do not give feedback as to why an applicant is not accepted, just that the application pool is competitive.

Hey guys! I'm a current student in the class of 2016! If you have any questions, just let me know!

Hi I have an interview scheduled for October 24th and I was just wandering if you could give me any advice on the interview process :)

I cant give any info on the Orlando process, as I didn't interview there and I believe that all campuses are different in how they conduct their interviews. What I can tell you is that at Jacksonville, the interview day consisted of a written essay, a personal interview with faculty and a campus tour. There were 4 others in my interview group. Faculty asked alot of personal questions and alot of general and ethical questions too. Each interview with the faculty lasted about 20 mins or so. I hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

Also, I was informed I would be interviewing at the end of November and actually interviewed the first week of December. I had all my CASPA and supplemental things submitted early... so be patient when it comes to hearing back. I know it is difficult, but it is the process.

Jdizzl11,

How did you get an interview scheduled already? Did you get a letter or an email?

Hi scshelton91,

I am assuming this thread is for PA school class of 2017 which means we would start in 2015.  I am new to this thread so please forgive my ignorance. :) I received an email on August 27th  to schedule my interview for September 19th or October 24th.  I chose October to give me more time to prepare.  This is my first interview ever and my first choice for Nova Orlando.  I sent in my Caspa app and supplemental by July 30th and received an email on August 27th. Hope this helps.