• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lisbella, that is a very important question, one that I did heavy research on before moving down here too. Around PCOM is weird... there are pockets of bad neighborhoods surrounded by great family areas. For instance, I live in Lincoln Green Apartments, which is an 8 minute walk from PCOM. It's a gated community, super quiet area, and the complex is nice and clean. If you drive 5 minutes down the road, you'll enter a sketchy area, and if you drive a little further, you'll be in beautiful Fairmount Park. So it varies a lot.

My suggestion is to at least look at Lincoln Green Apartments. Super close to PCOM, very safe and quiet complex, the faculty here are very professional and they also give deposit discounts for PCOM students. It's a little pricier than most area's around here, but you get what you pay for. The deciding factor for us was because I wouldn't be driving to school, I'd be saving about $300/mo in gas because my jeep is a gas-guzzler, so the extra amount of money I'd be paying in rent would compensate for the money I'd be saving in gas. Just something to consider.

Does anyone know if PCOM is known for silent rejection? Still haven't heard anything back inregards to interview invite or rejection letter. The wait is killer.

thanks !

cbriley12-

I'm not sure if I would say PCOM is known for "silent rejection" haha but I do know that they DO NOT release admissions decisions until the application cycle concludes in March- which means even if an applicant is rejected early in the application cycle, they won't be made aware of this until everything is complete in March (which obviously is a bummer and can be very misleading). However, they use rolling admissions and they do interview through February. I actually know 2 people in last years class that applied early June but didn't get their invitation to interview until December and they were both admitted into the program, so don't loose hope yet =)

Hope this helps!

Hey! I applied in September and my applications are complete and I'm still waiting for a reply..

To those of you who got accepted, can you guys share your stats?

I didn't take the GRE and I didnt' shadow a PA either.. so I feel like I'm behind stats wise.. :(

It'll be so helpful if you guys could share your stats... Thanks

Archived