• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They emailed me back saying they don't provide status updates and they have just begun to review applications, but my CASPA was verified early and I still didn't receive the supplemental application! I don't think it's fair if they don't go in order of the verification date...I did mine early for a reason. :/

Hello everyone,

I'm currently a first year PA student here at PCOM in Philadelphia. First off, best of luck to all those applying to PA school this year. Second, for those who get invited to interview, feel free to shoot me an email and I'll gladly help with any questions you might have. PCOM is an incredible school and I have been thoroughly impressed from day 1, so you're making the right choice applying here!

For those of you curious about my personal timeline, I applied to PCOM August 1st, 2013, was given the supplemental in early September, I believe I was invited to interview by the end of September/early October, and interviewed October 13th. I finally received my acceptance letter by early November.

Good luck everyone!

Hi! I wanted to give you all an update and kind of a timeline of my application (just in case you're wondering how quickly things process).

CASPA verified- Aug 9th

Last LOR was turned in- Aug 11th

PCOM received my LORs- Aug 20th

Supplemental received- Aug 20th (I believe I completed it Aug 15th)

Application fee received- Aug 19th (Mailed out from TX Aug 16th)

To me this is pretty quick! Now the waiting begins. Best of luck to everyone :)

Very similar here. Just received an email notifying me that they have been received by admissions. Supplemental and fee sent in on the 15th from Nebraska. I was surprised it traveled that far and processed so timely!

Good luck to everyone that has applied!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Is419,

The supplemental application includes a short essay (250 words) with the following prompt: 

* Noting the missions and objectives of the PA profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a Physician Assistant.

and asks you to list your shadowing experiences. That's it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived