How does everyone feel about the optional essay? Does anyone know whether or not others have recommended that it is important to fill out, or is it more so there if you feel your application is on the weaker end of the spectrum?

I'm curious about this too. The essay is optional but it even says in the prompt that it is "encouraged" you write it. In general, I feel that my application is strong and that I don't need to elaborate on anything. And the prompt is so broad I don't know if they want to know more information regarding my medical experiences or my personal ones! 

I received the supplemental on July 23 as well. Submitted yesterday. I completed all optional essays.

@rachiehayes, do you mind commenting on whether you filled out the optional essays because you felt you needed to strengthen your application, or have you heard previously it is something they really do want all applicants to complete?

Thanks!

@rachiehayes, do you mind commenting on whether you filled out the optional essays because you felt you needed to strengthen your application, or have you heard previously it is something they really do want all applicants to complete?

Thanks!

I read somewhere on this forum to always fill out the optional essays or "blank boxes".. it was either from a PA student or PA admissions director... I don't quite remember, but they had no relation to UW-Madison. I think it was just a general question. 

Anyway, it couldn't hurt! I feel it gives them a chance to remember you better. 

Received my supplemental today!

Is anyone else applying for the dual degree MPH/MSPA program?!

Received my supplemental today!

Is anyone else applying for the dual degree MPH/MSPA program?!

I will be!

• Upvote 1

You guys probably won't hear back regarding interviews until December. Interviews take place in January and first two weeks of February. I'll see you there if you're invited!

• Upvote 2

I received an interview invite from them tonight. Apparently they have  a two day interview process. Good luck, everyone!

Thanks for the update and good luck.

Did you apply to the traditional two years program or the dual degree?

I haven't received anything yet, maybe they send out emails to the one who are invited to the interview only.