2014/2015 cycle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that their decision day this year, Monday the 16th?  It looks like they've typically finalized decisions early in the week following the last interview session in previous years and I'll be interviewing this week.  Was already expecting to know shortly after the weekend. 

Is that their decision day this year, Monday the 16th?  It looks like they've typically finalized decisions early in the week following the last interview session in previous years and I'll be interviewing this week.  Was already expecting to know shortly after the weekend. 

Yep.  The 16th is the big day!! Erin's email says she will be in touch via email the evening of the 16th to inform us of status "invited to join the PA class entering 2015, alternate (wait-list) to the class or invited to reapply in the next cycle".  Good luck to everyone!!

Alternate list for me too (I applied to the distance program).  The odds of acceptance for the distance program were statistically pretty high once you made the interview. And I loved the program and thought I did a great job in the interview. So BIG congrats on such an accomplishment for those of who who were selected!  Does anyone know what their logic is about us formally confirming we "accept" our place as an alternate?  Do they just want a more solid, committed alternate list?

I can't be certain on this but I think only a handful of people are put on the wait list. It would be a pretty burly list if everyone not accepted was placed on that list. I don't want to be a downer but I don't think many people turn down spots. Last year nobody did but they seemed surprised at that. 

So of those on physicianassistantforum so far we have for alternates 

PAlaska

Juliemarie (DE)

Cuzco

Kylie629

AKF

J333

and myself

Dang, if they really do only take 1 or 2 from the waitlist (as seems to be the trend over the years) I wonder why they waitlist so many...but maybe this will be the year that all changes :)  Hopefully if we hang in there long enough we will hear good news!!!  I'm absolutely ecstatic to at least have been been chosen as an alternate out of so many well-qualified and deserving applicants, and congrats to those who have been accepted!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived