2014/2015 cycle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does everyone feel about the optional essay? Does anyone know whether or not others have recommended that it is important to fill out, or is it more so there if you feel your application is on the weaker end of the spectrum?

I'm curious about this too. The essay is optional but it even says in the prompt that it is "encouraged" you write it. In general, I feel that my application is strong and that I don't need to elaborate on anything. And the prompt is so broad I don't know if they want to know more information regarding my medical experiences or my personal ones! 

I received the supplemental on July 23 as well. Submitted yesterday. I completed all optional essays.

@rachiehayes, do you mind commenting on whether you filled out the optional essays because you felt you needed to strengthen your application, or have you heard previously it is something they really do want all applicants to complete?

Thanks!

@rachiehayes, do you mind commenting on whether you filled out the optional essays because you felt you needed to strengthen your application, or have you heard previously it is something they really do want all applicants to complete?

Thanks!

I read somewhere on this forum to always fill out the optional essays or "blank boxes".. it was either from a PA student or PA admissions director... I don't quite remember, but they had no relation to UW-Madison. I think it was just a general question. 

Anyway, it couldn't hurt! I feel it gives them a chance to remember you better. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived