Class of 2017 (Summer 2015 Start)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ csashley

The interview process was a great experience overall! This was my first interview and although I did some things to prepare, I was nervous and excited and didn't really know what to expect. They conduct the individual interviews in two waves...the first in the morning and the second in the afternoon. The entire group (about 20 people) hung out in a room while individuals from the morning group were called in to have 3 individual interviews (10 min apiece and one after the other) with 3 different faculty members. The faculty members btw are great! They are very friendly and personable and seemed to just want to get to know more about me. It wasn't as scary as I had built it up to be in my head. Anyway, there was also a group interview where we individually stood in front of the applicant pool and the faculty and provided some basic information about ourselves and then answered a randomly drawn question. There was a presentation that gave info about the program, a brief tour of the campus that was conducted by a 2nd year student, and a lunch break. We were also given an essay question in the morning that was due before we left. I was the very last person to do my individual interviews (they have everyone scheduled for specific time slots) and I was done by 4 pm. It was a long day but very informative and exciting. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and found it interesting how close I felt  to the other applicants by the end of the day...the experience somehow facilitates bonding. It was a little sad to realize that I may never see any of those people again. If you get an interview, here are a couple suggestions. I decided to drive in from Atlanta the night before and stayed in a hotel in Augusta just to take some stress out of the equation. I also did a dry run drive to the campus the night before which Im glad I did because had I not, I wouldn't have realized that I was going to go to the wrong part of campus and I may have been late for my interview. I am very impressed with GRU and am hopeful to get an offer of admission! I hope you get a chance to interview there as well!

@Dhlifeisgood -

@ csashley

The interview process was a great experience overall! This was my first interview and although I did some things to prepare, I was nervous and excited and didn't really know what to expect. They conduct the individual interviews in two waves...the first in the morning and the second in the afternoon. The entire group (about 20 people) hung out in a room while individuals from the morning group were called in to have 3 individual interviews (10 min apiece and one after the other) with 3 different faculty members. The faculty members btw are great! They are very friendly and personable and seemed to just want to get to know more about me. It wasn't as scary as I had built it up to be in my head. Anyway, there was also a group interview where we individually stood in front of the applicant pool and the faculty and provided some basic information about ourselves and then answered a randomly drawn question. There was a presentation that gave info about the program, a brief tour of the campus that was conducted by a 2nd year student, and a lunch break. We were also given an essay question in the morning that was due before we left. I was the very last person to do my individual interviews (they have everyone scheduled for specific time slots) and I was done by 4 pm. It was a long day but very informative and exciting. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and found it interesting how close I felt  to the other applicants by the end of the day...the experience somehow facilitates bonding. It was a little sad to realize that I may never see any of those people again. If you get an interview, here are a couple suggestions. I decided to drive in from Atlanta the night before and stayed in a hotel in Augusta just to take some stress out of the equation. I also did a dry run drive to the campus the night before which Im glad I did because had I not, I wouldn't have realized that I was going to go to the wrong part of campus and I may have been late for my interview. I am very impressed with GRU and am hopeful to get an offer of admission! I hope you get a chance to interview there as well!

Oh wow! That is incredibly extensive! That group interview sounds intimidating as well haha. I really appreciate your input, it's always nice to know how interviews are conducted at other schools :) I just had my first one (not at GRU) and the process was very similar, minus the group interview. And I know what you mean about feeling comfortable, because I felt the same way! I wish you the best and hope you get in! 

Hello there!

I am wondering if anyone is re-applying after getting placed on their alternate list? I interviewed 1/27/14 and heard back by 2/6/14 with notification that I was placed on the alternate list. This is my third time re-applying, so I am extremely eager to hear back! I submitted my application in September 2014, have received confirmation emails, and received my transcript evaluation in the mail, but still haven't heard anything regarding an interview request, or application decision. It looks like we are all in the same boat playing the waiting game. If I can answer anyone's questions regarding the interviews I would be glad to help anyway I can. I wish everyone the best of luck!

-Valerie

My application status still says "Ready for Review." Anyone else?

Mine does as well and I submitted my application back in early July. I've already been offered a seat at another program and I'm getting super impatient w/ GRU...since I have to make my decision for the other school by December 19th.

Not sure.  I also received a letter stating that I am on the 'alternate list.'  If it makes any of you feel better, they did say that they only give an immediate acceptance to sometimes 1 or 2 people from each group in an effort not to fill the class until they've interviewed everyone.  So I would think that they will review everyone again once they finish interviews.  Perhaps they will be finished sometime in December, but I don't think they said for certain.  

I have received news of being accepted to the 'alternate list' as well.  I have tried to contact the PA department to ask about placement on the list, however the person responsible will be out of the office until Monday. 

From the little research I have done so far regarding waitlists, I would count on not getting in, and start planning on ways to better your application for 2017.  I don't intend for this to be pessimistic, but it's better to pleasantly surprised than disappointed.  Take it as good news.  You/we made the hardest cut and should be in a great position for the next application cycle. - Especially if this is your first time applying like it is mine.  I have heard that not getting in the first time is almost part of the application process for PA schools.

I would try your best to forget about it and enjoy thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season. 

Good luck to all  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I just wanted to say congrats to all those who have been accepted. And those who have not, please don't give up!

Also, has anyone created a Facebook page for those who are accepted yet?? I'm looking for a female roommate who are also in the program. BTW, I'm a female too. :-)

Archived