Class of 2017 (Summer 2015 Start)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! Glad to hear there is someone else out there! Lol

So I submitted mine exactly two weeks ago, but I am still waiting for TWO of my LORs to come through. A little frustrated. It's a very fine line to push people about those. I don't want to be rude, but I NEED them to submit those in! So my status just says "submitted" :/ 

@wareagle223 A deadline is a GREAT idea!! I finally got a second LOR in. Just waiting on that last one. I will send them a reminder stating that I have a deadline to meet.

And no, I have not found the observation hours document! I haven't even heard of it! But I will definitely need it in order to update my shadowing hours. I have over 4,000 hours of work experience. But only 30 hours of shadowing. UGH. So that's something I definitely need to take care of. @futurepa588 Where did you find out that information?

Thanks to you both!!!

This is confusing. I called admissions and they said I had everything. However, I also emailed them. The first email said I'm missing my Observation Hours Document. Then, I asked for the link. They replied that there is no document, and that I needed all of the people I shadowed to email admissions directly to verify my hours. I shadowed/volunteered with some of these people 2 years ago. So awkward to email them!! And I'm not accepted yet. So now I'm very confused and I'll probably just end up calling them again on Monday... Now, I feel like admissions is going to get all of these random emails involving me. WHAT IS GOING ON. 

Wow. Sounds very confusing! But I greatly appreciated you letting us know what they are saying. Can you please pass along more information from your call today?? Or whenever. That sounds like a lot of trouble to get EACH person to send in "verification of shadowing". I can't even get in my last LOR!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to wait so long to respond. After a few days, I logged back in to check, and it said it was under review. So, I'm pretty sure that the individual emails were unnecessary. I still just did what they said and messaged the random people I shadowed just to cover my bases. I think it just takes multiple days to update the application check. 

@DeterminedPA I think that when they talk about proof of residence(ie GA), it pertains to receiving in state tuition vs. out of state! And then proving you have US citizenship. The only school in the South that I have come across that requires you to live in certain states is East Carolina University. So no worries!

@Scfan Congrats on that interview!! Check the previous threads for some great tips for the interview. Previous classes tend to post some good insight! Let us know how it goes?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived