Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, if anyone is still left to interview between now and next week I just wanted to share my experience and shed some light. I'll list it in steps

1) meet with admin who will greet you and collect your 2x2 photo

2) admin walks you over to where you will be interviewed (you might be waiting on a black couch for 5-10 mins here)

3) interview with Lucinda and another person for about 25-30 mins (at the end you are told to hold off your questions for F. Tovar)

4) walk back to admin and complete writing assignment

5) meet with F. Tovar who will debrief you, give you some program dates, tell you when you will hear back, and will ask you if you have any questions

The actual interview portion is very short, about 6-7 questions in 25-30mins. Some questions are specific to your app. Some questions are more general PA interview questions.  I just want to say that if you are not getting much facial expression feedback from the interviewers or feel that the interview conversation is not "flowing," don't be scared! After speaking with some other people, it seems that this is just their interview style, so dont take it personally and dont get nervous about it during the interview. Just keep showing your enthusiasm and energy for why you are there! And if you feel like you need to take more time to answer questions, do so. Dont feel rushed. I think they are trying to gauge how candidates are during high pressure and awkward social situations. So make sure to smile and keep your energy/enthusiasm high during the process!

I was just wondering how people felt like there interview process went?  @helpfulPA I wish I would have read your post of the steps before my interview. I thought I had strong nerves, but I was so nervous when I arrived that I felt like my interview fell apart. I agree it did feel like the interview conversation didn't "flow" and if I knew this in advance i think i would have done better. I felt so much pressure from myself, friends, family, etc that I broke under pressure. Hoping I did better that I thought I did and praying for that acceptance phone call next week. Good luck everyone.

@goldenticket I'm sure you did better than you're expecting. Either way, even getting an interview is a really great accomplishment. You said you'd be receiving a call next week - I was told March 9th?

The sooner the better, though. I'm starting to get jumpy around my phone / mailbox already :)

To the rest, congrats on interviewing, crossing my fingers for us!

Goldenticket I felt the same way about all the pressure. And yes you're right the pressure of also pleasing the loved ones around us is pretty stressful. But it's done now! Finally haha! I'm sure we all gave it the best we could and did everything we could have for this interview. It's such a privilege to have even had it. Let's see what happens from here! Praying that it works out the way God wants it too. Good luck to everyone!

Archived