Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No updates, but thought I would share this info:

Over 700 applicants this cycle

About 150 will be interviewed and about 50 of these will be selected.

Thank you! This is very helpful. 150 out of 700 actually seems like a high percentage of people being interviewed. I wish everyone the best!

hey guys! I applied last year and my letter in the mail got delayed/lost/whatever and so I ended up getting an email saying since I hadn't responded to the letter they were emailing about the invite to interview – exactly ONE WEEK before the interview date. That day i said yes, booked my flight and the following week i flew up in the AM, interviewed at 1pm and flew back that night.  I interviewed the very last week of January.

50/150 applicants sounds about right, at least that’s what I've heard. 

So...I would say check both your email and mailboxes, just in case.  GOOD LUCK! :)

HI hkjoey,

How was the interview? What's the process like? Just curious...

Thanks

I interviewed with two faculty and they just go over your file with you. They just want to get to know you better and make sure you know about the profession. After that we were asked to complete a writing portion of the interview. I think it all took maybe an hour and a half, it all went by really fast. But I'm not sure if they are changing things up this year. 

YES! YES! I got my letter today with an interview for February 11th. If anyone else is interviewing this same day or near, please message me. It could be fun to meet up. This has been such a crazy journey and I'm so excited to have made it to this point. Please do not interpret this as gloating, seriously I have gone through job loss, medical issues, nasty divorce, best friend dying of brain cancer and putting 14 year old sweetest dog in the word down all while trying to transition from a profession of teaching to  the hopeful medical profession of  Physician Assistant and Stanford is by far, for many personal reasons, my first choice. This is a good day!!!!!! And good luck to everyone else in all ways possible! xoxoxo

Archived