No updates, but thought I would share this info:

Over 700 applicants this cycle

About 150 will be interviewed and about 50 of these will be selected.

• Upvote 4

Thank you! This is very helpful. 150 out of 700 actually seems like a high percentage of people being interviewed. I wish everyone the best!

• Upvote 1

Stalking the postman...got his daily delivery times practically nailed down to the minute.

I have also been stalking the postman for about a week now. Ugh! He probably thinks I have a crush on him. ;)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for update! How did you come up with those numbers?

hey guys! I applied last year and my letter in the mail got delayed/lost/whatever and so I ended up getting an email saying since I hadn't responded to the letter they were emailing about the invite to interview – exactly ONE WEEK before the interview date. That day i said yes, booked my flight and the following week i flew up in the AM, interviewed at 1pm and flew back that night.  I interviewed the very last week of January.

50/150 applicants sounds about right, at least that’s what I've heard. 

So...I would say check both your email and mailboxes, just in case.  GOOD LUCK! :)

• Upvote 3

HI hkjoey,

How was the interview? What's the process like? Just curious...

Thanks

I interviewed with two faculty and they just go over your file with you. They just want to get to know you better and make sure you know about the profession. After that we were asked to complete a writing portion of the interview. I think it all took maybe an hour and a half, it all went by really fast. But I'm not sure if they are changing things up this year. 

• Upvote 1

Hkjoey,

Can you give us a little insight on the written portion of the interview. What is it that was asked? What did you write about? How long was the expected writing? A couple of paragraphs or a page?

Thanks for your information! I really appreciate it!!

I have not received anything yet. However, I am staying very close to my mailboxes!

According to past students and applicants, we may see something in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully this is the case. :)

• Upvote 1

The numbers came from the program.

About the written portion, I am not sure how long it is, but it is basically to evaluate your ability to communicate in writing in English (according to a former student).

• Upvote 1

Northern CA, small town about 4 hours from Stanford.  Letter was dated Jan 9 but I forgot to look at postmark.  I would expect mail to take about 2 days to get to me from Palo Alto.

Received my interview invite letter via mail today. Postmarked 1/12. I live in the Central Valley, CA about 4 hours south of Stanford. Interviewing on Feb 4th.

• Upvote 2

YES! YES! I got my letter today with an interview for February 11th. If anyone else is interviewing this same day or near, please message me. It could be fun to meet up. This has been such a crazy journey and I'm so excited to have made it to this point. Please do not interpret this as gloating, seriously I have gone through job loss, medical issues, nasty divorce, best friend dying of brain cancer and putting 14 year old sweetest dog in the word down all while trying to transition from a profession of teaching to  the hopeful medical profession of  Physician Assistant and Stanford is by far, for many personal reasons, my first choice. This is a good day!!!!!! And good luck to everyone else in all ways possible! xoxoxo

• Upvote 4