Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm from Orange County. I sent in my application August 2nd. Does anyone know the earliest they contact applicants for interviews/rejections?

I attended the July and August information sessions at Stanford and a teleconference information session held on Tuesday (8/26/14). At each session both Fred and Lio stated that in the past, letters for interviews/rejections went out in mid-late January, however, they are striving to accomplish this by December 2014.  No guarantees, but that is what they are shooting for. This is based on feedback they received from incoming students who strongly suggested receiving an acceptance letter sooner than March (i.e. Feb) and how it would better allow for planning of personal finances, housing, financial aid, etc.  

Keeping fingers crossed for December...but prepared for wait as long as necessary. Anyone hear anything different? 

I attended the July and August information sessions at Stanford and a teleconference information session held on Tuesday (8/26/14). At each session both Fred and Lio stated that in the past, letters for interviews/rejections went out in mid-late January, however, they are striving to accomplish this by December 2014.  No guarantees, but that is what they are shooting for. This is based on feedback they received from incoming students who strongly suggested receiving an acceptance letter sooner than March (i.e. Feb) and how it would better allow for planning of personal finances, housing, financial aid, etc.  

Keeping fingers crossed for December...but prepared for wait as long as necessary. Anyone hear anything different? 

That's so unfortunate because I see other schools notify applicants much sooner & have about the same start date as Stanford. And theses schools don't have interviews/admissions on a rolling basis. Yet again Stanford isn't with CASPA, so I'm sure it takes double the amount of time to rack through all that paperwork. I wonder why they aren't affiliated with CASPA?

Thank you RiseUp for the information about the letters for interviews and acceptance notifications. That is what I heard at the last information session up at Stanford too. I do feel relieved that my applications is now in their hands, and see what the future brings for all of us. Good luck everyone!

@ william208

From what I have been told you are not able to submit anything after the deadline of September 1st. You may want to send it tomorrow and get it post marked and see if they will accept it. I also read that when we do send in the application that it all has to be included in the packet. I wish I had a better answer for you and hope that helps you out. 

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums and I have mostly been keeping up without posting. I have three applications out to different schools and have not heard from either one of them. Being in Southern California, I know that USC is already underway and people are already being accepted into their program. Needless to say, I did not apply to the program there.

Like everyone else, I'm feeling that the wait is the worst part. However, I am hopeful and ready as I will ever be.

I to have received my postcard and patiently awaiting a response.

I have heard that we probably will not hear from admissions for interviews at the earliest until December. I guess we all continue to wait..  

Archived