2014-2015 cycle

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say they aren't interviewing anymore... I said they stopped inviting people to interviews.  What is your source?  My info came from a current student.

My source is their admissions director; called last week. They are only starting their interviews.. I was told I'm on the "to be invited to an interview list".. But they only have one more interview date in December. Interviews will continue in Jan-Feb and invites can be expected 2-3 weeks in advance.

Last year in January I received an invite to interview for the wait list. I didn't end up actually interviewing until mid-July about 2-3 weeks before classes were starting. I went on the interview knowing the class was already full and my chances were slim to none, but I just did it for the interview experience. So, just a heads up to everyone else that this is how they do it and if you received a supplemental but don't get an actual interview invite before January you might fall into the weird "interview for wait list" status like I did.

Last year in January I received an invite to interview for the wait list. I didn't end up actually interviewing until mid-July about 2-3 weeks before classes were starting. I went on the interview knowing the class was already full and my chances were slim to none, but I just did it for the interview experience. So, just a heads up to everyone else that this is how they do it and if you received a supplemental but don't get an actual interview invite before January you might fall into the weird "interview for wait list" status like I did.

Same thing happened to me last year, I got notified in October that I would be interviewing but didn't actually interview until June. They said the snow really screwed up the admission process last year.

Being wait-listed isn't a bad thing! A couple of students from the previous class were wait-listed at first, then offered a spot. Anything can happen! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys for those who are still waiting for the interview! 

After few days of submitting my application, I emailed them on my status of my application and got reply that I am late and all interview spots are full. This must be late October early November. So I requested them to just review my application and let me know if my application was competitive. And they said if there were any interview spots I would get one. And after one week or so I got an interview for Dec! So keep your spirits high and keep trying.

Hey guys for those who are still waiting for the interview! 

After few days of submitting my application, I emailed them on my status of my application and got reply that I am late and all interview spots are full. This must be late October early November. So I requested them to just review my application and let me know if my application was competitive. And they said if there were any interview spots I would get one. And after one week or so I got an interview for Dec! So keep your spirits high and keep trying.

Hey! 

Thats so exciting! Congratulations. When did you sumbit your application and email them? 

If you haven't heard anything I would just call.  I called the admission person in the department on Thursday - Catherine (?) - and she gave me a status update.  They're rolling admission but they just started interviewing in the middle of October.  She said they are still doing interview invites and the class IS NOT full (contrary to what another poster on this thread said).

• 3 weeks later...

Sure thing ! it was awesome, the facilities blew me away and I really liked the faculty/staff. First, you sit with your group--6-7 people total and socialize. I recommend listening to Nicki Minaj before stepping into the building :)I think they talked about the program then two individual interviews. Then a tour of the facilities and campus. Then you give them a review on your experience. They may have changed it though based on our feedback.

Sure thing ! it was awesome, the facilities blew me away and I really liked the faculty/staff. First, you sit with your group--6-7 people total and socialize. I recommend listening to Nicki Minaj before stepping into the building :)I think they talked about the program then two individual interviews. Then a tour of the facilities and campus. Then you give them a review on your experience. They may have changed it though based on our feedback.

Thanks mcgee. Which Nicki Minaj song in particular? lol

So I'm sure you've prepped for your interviews. On interview day, Nicki just takes you away to a land called "the Pink Print" and somehow makes it easier for you to answer professionally but also be yourself. 'Anaconda' is the obvious choice lol but I think I listened to 'High School'.

I spoke with admissions on October 29th and was told that I was selected for interview but was awaiting a date. Still waiting for a date 3 months later. Sort of driving me crazy. Did anyone else follow a similar process? I've been trying to get ahold of admissions but it has proven to be difficult.

Archived