January 2015 start

Coming into Pittsburgh tomorrow for my interview on Friday. Have some time in the afternoon tomorrow and Friday to look around. Would like to look around and get an idea of some of the better places to live close to campus. Any suggestions on where to look? Where to avoid? Anything else about the area I should go check out? First time in Pittsburgh. And if any of my fellow interviewees or current students would like to grab dinner on Thursday or Friday I'd be interested. I know its short notice but figured i'd give it a shot. Good luck to all those interviewing.

Warren

• 4 weeks later...

I have experienced nothing but good things from this program. I work at a Pittsburgh area hospital and talk to second year Pitt students often. They too have nothing but praise for this program. I interviewed July 18th and heard on August 7th that I have been accepted. Just sent in my deposit and can't wait to start the journey!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been waitlisted here. Does anyone know if they end up diving into the waitlist very deep? or last minute? I guess this is more of a question for current University students. Thanks!

I am also on the waitlist. Has anyone on the waitlist been accepted yet?

I emailed admissions last night asking if there was a certain date by which we know whether or not we were accepted. I also asked if they notify waitlisted candidates who are not accepted, as I know of programs who do not. I did not receive a response today, so maybe a phone call will be better...

• 1 month later...

They got back to me a couple weeks ago. She said they have made waitlist offers and that the offers were accepted. They will keep the waitlist open until the second week of January when their drop period ends. At this point I would guess that if you don't have a guaranteed seat there is a very very small chance you will get one by the Jan 5th start date or at all really. However if anyone is on the fence about attending I would be happy to take your place :) haha

Archived