Online Classes-Add to the List!

Thank you for all those online prerequisite links. They are very helpful. Currently I am doing online Biology ( for spring term)at Chemeketa College and I have to do cat dissection to learn the muscles.. I am a strict vegetarian and wanted to know any of you who have taken online biology ( Anatomy & physiology) if you ever were given an alternative to dissecting animals. I would appreciate any input. Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I am looking for an online Statistics course that I need for a PA school that I'm applying to.  The school requires that the course includes analysis of variance and/or multiple regression (Statistics (with analysis of variance and /or multiple regression) 3 credits.  I was hoping to find something that was reasonably priced and not an upper level course.  Thanks in advance.

Here is the link to the program stating the requirement:

http://alliedhealth.lsuhsc.edu/pa/prerequisites.aspx

I took Elementary Statistics at Lake Tahoe Community College. You just missed the Spring quarter. However, it is being offered online again in September 2014.  The class is structured very well. The lectures are delivered online live but you can also watch them recorded if you aren't available at the lecture time. Weekly quizzes which can be taken as many times as you like to get a good grade.  You would need to find a proctor for the midterm and the final. It was not easy but I did get an A. It's a 5 unit class and it is a very comprehensive course. Cant be beat for the price. The California community college is $31/unit if you live in California. Out of state is $139/unit. Maybe not so good for out of state. Depends how badly you need the course I guess.

Here is a link to search the schedules of all the colleges in California http://www.cvc.edu/students/courses/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone taken genetics at UC Berkeley? I'm in in right now and I want everyone to know that it was such a mistake to take it here!! It's super disorganized, some questions don't even make sense and the lectures and assignments don't line up well material-wise.  

If anyone's taken this course, I'm about to take the final and and super freaked out.. you need a 70 on the final to pass regardless of your grade in the course thus far.. any specific advice would be appreciated!!

• Upvote 3

I am right there with @paap123. I have been trying to find an alternative to UC Berkeley's course! I am currently taking a course with UNE and love that they use the online ProctorU for exams. But UC Berkeley requires hat you set up a proctored exam and that seems like a HUGE hassle. If there is any way to avoid that and find another university/college that offers Genetics, that would be fabulous.

I've looked at all the schools in my area, and none of them offer any night classes that suit me. I've already taken the ones that they have available. I need upper level courses! 

• Upvote 1

The whole quarter credits to semester credits conversion really screwed me up. I need 1 semester credit of microbiology and 1 semester credit of genetics to fulfill a few schools' prereq credit hours. Any suggestions on online courses for either of these subjects that are low in credit worth?

Pjdags-- does UNE offer a genetics course? It's my last pre-req and I already applied so would like to find a cores I can complete ASAP.

Unfortunately, UNE does not offer a genetics course. If they did, I would DEFINITELY be taking it. Right now, the only online schools that I have been able to find that have it are UC Berkely and CMU. 

Unfortunately, UNE does not offer a genetics course. If they did, I would DEFINITELY be taking it. Right now, the only online schools that I have been able to find that have it are UC Berkely and CMU. 

Do you know which one you are going to take yet? I know UC Berkeley is open enrollment which is appealing. I've heard mixed reviews about the class, though.

Do you know which one you are going to take yet? I know UC Berkeley is open enrollment which is appealing. I've heard mixed reviews about the class, though.

I've looked into UNE (Biochem), UC Berkley (Biochem, Genetics) and Univ of Phoenix (Genetics).  All are online and I was told that all would be accepted as prereqs, but that it was recommended to take UNE or UC Berkley.  Reviews for the courses at both of those schools are mixed and both have open enrollment according to what I've seen.  The only downside to UC Berkley is that there is a final exam at the end of the course in which you are required to set up your own proctor and testing location (depending on where you're located).  Since both have mixed reviews, I'm leaning towards UC Berkley because of the cost difference.  Hope this helps