• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok....so there are a TON of threads about online courses. I was hoping we could make this thread a sticky and it could become a one stop source for those looking for certain online courses. I think to

Thought I'd add my experience. I took A&P I and 2, Microbiology, and Medical Terminology online through Clovis Community College. It's the cheapest I found with tuition being $89 per credit hour f

Alright kids, I am currently taking a three credit Genetics course through Front Range Community College based in Colorado. I am in Pennsylvania. Course is BIO 115, my professor is Van de Kamp. Cost

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any good CHEAP biochemistry courses??? It's a hard find I know......but I know of une, rio Salado, and calcampus. Any other good options?

I took it through Kansas State University and it was an excellent class but definitely not cheap. It was definitely worth the money, though.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

First thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread as it is incredibly helpful. However, I've read through every page and still need some help.

I must complete a Medical Terminology course by September 1, meaning I would have 2.5-3 weeks to complete it. So, I need a self-paced, 100% online, 3-credit course. Found one at UF, but it comes out to be $900 with tuition+book! :=Z:

Anyone have any suggestions for an online -inexpensive:

cell biology?

embryology

immunology ( I've heard not so great things about UC Berkley's)

pharmacology (I'm thinking of doing UND if you have any feedback about that)

epidemiology

biochemistry (other then UNE - too expensive)

...or any other upper level science you took and loved. thanks guys :)

I would not recommend the Gen Chem I online class at Clovis. It was very basic, felt like I did not learn much and I felt like it did not give me a firm Chem foundation. It was an easy A but since I had to take Chem II somewhere else I struggled, I mean struggled in Chem II since the class at Clovis did not prepare me for much. Hope this helps. Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump..

Anyone have any suggestions for an online -inexpensive:

cell biology?

embryology

immunology ( I've heard not so great things about UC Berkley's)

pharmacology (I'm thinking of doing UND if you have any feedback about that)

epidemiology

biochemistry (other then UNE - too expensive)

...or any other upper level science you took and loved. Also any feedback Bout any of the uc Berkeley online classes? Thanks!

i am taking a few classes at OCC (gen chem & mico) and I am looking to take immunology, pharm, biochem, - other chem classes. Looking to do them extensively online. I'm looking at Berkely's extion school - I know you must take the final somewhere proctored. Does anyone else know other places to take classes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ADVICE!!!

I have literally taken every single course that has been listed and gotten A's in the electives but got C's in gen chem I and II and B's in biology I and II as well as anatomy and physiology (freshman year was not my best) as a result my science GPA sucks. I have signed up to take all of these classes again at a CC (got my BS in May) and am now wondering if this is the best course of action to be taking.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, anyone know of a self-paced online Genetics course I can take in the spring? I am going to be out of the country for a month so the only way I could do it would be if it is self paced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UC Berkeley has a Genetics course that gives you 6 months to complete. I've heard from one person that it's solid and I'm in the process of enrolling in it as I type this so I should be able to shed more light on it in the coming months.

Do NOT take BYUs Online Genetics course, it is HORRIBLE! I'm taking it now and even though it was cheap ($500) and easy to register, it may just be the worst course I have ever taken at the University level - and I have a Masters Degree! HORRIBLE! The book is from 1999 and the online quizzes are almost impossible b/c the book is so poor!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tarantino
      Hi, everyone. I'm a non-traditional student, wrapping up my associate's degree in psychology from a small state school (not a community college) in Georgia. This college only offers 3 bachelor degrees, which is why I would finish elsewhere. I was a student at Arizona State Online, but transferred to take my prerequisites and labs in person. All my science prerequisites with in-person labs for PA programs will be done prior to transferring to the next college for my bachelor's degree. Now that I'm almost done, I was originally planning to then finish my degree through ASU, but am now considering finishing it at my local university for various reasons. Here's the two options I have:

Option A: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at my local university.
      PROS: Graduate with less than $10k in debt. Get hands-on experience in research. More than likely get a stronger letter of recommendation.
      CONS: It would take longer to finish. I would barely get by, working part-time and living paycheck to paycheck. I would have to devote more time to in-person classes, which would take away from my income and time to do other things. Less volunteer hours. ALL clinical hours will be in private EMS, so my hands-on experience and skills won't be utilized as much, as it's 95% mostly transporting stable patients.
      Option B: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at Arizona State University (online).
      PROS: Accelerated program and can finish in 1.5 years instead of 2.5 years. Work in 911 EMS, which means better hands-on experience and utilizing my skills more - I think this will also make me a better provider in the future. More time to work, which means more income. More time not in a physical class, which means more time to volunteer, which is less stressful since I also have more money in general. Still get to go graduate in person.
      CONS: Graduate with around $30k in debt. Weaker letters of recommendation. Little research opportunity. Obvious I finished my degree online because the college is 20+ hours away.

Although it would cost more to finish at ASU, I could become a PA faster, which means it would actually be better financially IF I were to get into both at the same cycle.
    • By Erose
      Hello all!
      I am sure there are already several similar topics already on here, but I am struggling to find them. I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of schools that do or do not accept online anatomy and physiology courses if taken during quarantine. I have checked the websites of several schools that make no statements on how their prereq requirements have been altered in response to the pandemic. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.
      Thank you!!
    • By beccapolyack
      Hey, everybody! Fairly new here. I’ve been scrolling through other threads on this site regarding recommended online schools for prerequisite courses. A few of the threads are extremely helpful but several years old, so I wanted to start a more contemporary thread in case online school qualities have changed or there are any new ones. 
      I’m looking to take biochemistry and anatomy online. Ideally a low price would be great, but a self-paced online course is most important to me considering my current career and associated time restrictions. 
      I’ve been looking heavily at UNE for both courses but have heard mixed reviews. Any recommendations or suggestions based on your experiences, for UNE or others?
      Thank you so much!
      Becca
    • By sairah28
      Hi! 
      I was seeing if anyone has taken classes at either UNE online or Doane's University, specifically Orgo Chem I and II and biochem. I've heard mixed reviews about both. How are the classes set up and how are we graded and are they set lectures? Does anyone know how it's different during COVID? Do PA schools accepts these classes from these schools? 
      Thanks!! 
    • By trusttheprocess95
      Hello all!
      Has anyone taken Pharmacology online at Doane? I'm exploring my options, but leaning more towards Doane University at the moment. ANY type of feedback regarding the course or other schools ya'll may have completed it at would be greatly APPRECIATED! 
      Thank you so much in advance 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More