Online Classes-Add to the List!

You may be already trying this, but I've encountered the same issue when I want to take a course at a community college that I don't attend (very last pick = all classes booked). I rectify this by checking the course listings every single day, usually more than once a day. People usually drop classes as the term approaches. That's probably not the most helpful idea, but don't let a booked class initially discourage you.

This is great advice; also, if the school requires tuition/fees be paid before classes start, they likely drop students once that deadline arrives/passes. Check on that day because chances are that people will have been dropped and maybe a slot will open. I got into micro that way; I took pathophys from WCC this past semester. Great class, but, I am out-of-state so it was still costly. I'm sorry, I don't know what in-state tuition cost is.

• 3 weeks later...

I know in Florida if you go to this site: http://www.distancelearn.org/courseSearch.cfm

and go to add all. Then type the course prefix it will pull up all the courses available for that term (Spring, Fall, Summer) it'll show the labs available, and the school. For those not from Florida here's some prefixes:

Biology, Anatomy and Physiology=BSC

Chemistry=CHM

Microbiology=MCB

Psychology=PSY

Human Growth and Development=DEP

Medical Terminology=HSC

Nutrition=HUN

Genetics=PCB

Hope this helps!!

I know in Florida if you go to this site: http://www.distancelearn.org/courseSearch.cfm

and go to add all. Then type the course prefix it will pull up all the courses available for that term (Spring, Fall, Summer) it'll show the labs available, and the school. For those not from Florida here's some prefixes:

Biology, Anatomy and Physiology=BSC

Chemistry=CHM

Microbiology=MCB

Psychology=PSY

Human Growth and Development=DEP

Medical Terminology=HSC

Nutrition=HUN

Genetics=PCB

Hope this helps!!

I just found this website last night! How did I not know about it? I've been looking for an online genetics course. The community college in town doesn't have it, and I really don't want to pay a lot of money to go back to FSU and take classes post-bacc. Maybe closer to the fall more will open up ( I hope).

• 2 weeks later...

Is it easy to get your transcript from Idaho State? On the website, it says that you can pick which college you want it from. Also it says to allow at least 3 months to complete because it takes a while for them to return assignments. Do it really take that long or can it be completed in a shorter time?

A LOT of schools wont let you complete courses faster than 3 months I have found....even independent study courses. If you need to, make sure you ask before registering...I made that mistake with a school in Utah...they actually make you wait for one assignment to be graded before you can submit another and it could take up to 5-7 days just to get a grade back

It is an ethical problem.

I agree. I have a set list of schools that will accept the online course but there was one school in particular that I was interested in applying to that will not accept it...that's the only reason I asked. I'll stick with listing it as online to avoid any issues though. Thanks!

I agree. I have a set list of schools that will accept the online course but there was one school in particular that I was interested in applying to that will not accept it...that's the only reason I asked. I'll stick with listing it as online to avoid any issues though. Thanks!

I would be interested in seeing this list, if you are willing to share. I currently live and work in England and online is the only option for the remainder of my prerecs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also intrigued on how the A&P course at Rio Salado College is? I have taken the pathophysiology course and to be honest it was kind of a joke....way easy! the course entails quizes that you can find the answers to online...but if you want an Easy A...then so be it...but if you want to learn the material...it is not the course for you. just FYI.

any good info about the Anatomy and physiology course at rio salado would be great! thanks

I am also intrigued on how the A&P course at Rio Salado College is? I have taken the pathophysiology course and to be honest it was kind of a joke....way easy! the course entails quizes that you can find the answers to online...but if you want an Easy A...then so be it...but if you want to learn the material...it is not the course for you. just FYI.

any good info about the Anatomy and physiology course at rio salado would be great! thanks

I registered for it, so we'll know about it soon enough. Luckily they use the same text (Marieb) that I used for A&P I.

I registered for it, so we'll know about it soon enough. Luckily they use the same text (Marieb) that I used for A&P I.

I've taken the A&P course online through Rio. Unlike many of their other courses, I thought it was challenging enough. After the fact, I've taken an advanced physiology 490 that seemed easier. That one was in class. The online class had two papers due each week with also 2 quizes usually (1 Lab, 1 Text). Most of the questions weren't taken straight off the practices quizes like a lot of their other classes. Also the instructors seemed more intense with regard to policy for late work. It was very difficult for me to get extensions on anything.

I've taken the A&P course online through Rio. Unlike many of their other courses, I thought it was challenging enough. After the fact, I've taken an advanced physiology 490 that seemed easier. That one was in class. The online class had two papers due each week with also 2 quizes usually (1 Lab, 1 Text). Most of the questions weren't taken straight off the practices quizes like a lot of their other classes. Also the instructors seemed more intense with regard to policy for late work. It was very difficult for me to get extensions on anything.