Ohio Dominican 2014-2015 cycle

Hey all! Since Ohio Dominican doesn't have it's own program page, I figured I'd start a thread for the current applicant cycle.

I submitted my CASPA at the end of May, it was verified early June, and I received a confirmation email from ODU during the first week of July. The email said that interviews would be sent to competitive candidates "throughout the fall". 

If anyone has any helpful information regarding ODU applications, or would like to commiserate about their progress, feel free to post. :)

I submitted, was verified, and received confirmation at similar times as tafy24^^^ I know in the past they haven't started interviews until October, so I wouldn't expect an interview invite until September. Has anyone heard anything different for this cycle? 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

yes, interviewed on october 8th and got an acceptance email on the 17th! 

Congratulations on getting accepted to the program! Any insight about Ohio Dominican you would like to share? I have heard informational session and tour along with two one on one interviews. Anything you weren't prepared for during the interview? 

Congratulations on getting accepted to the program! Any insight about Ohio Dominican you would like to share? I have heard informational session and tour along with two one on one interviews. Anything you weren't prepared for during the interview? 

Thanks! It is very laid back - the director sat with us and discussed the program and addressed questions for about an hour, took a tour of the facilities and then had the two one on one interviews. Questions were fairly straight forward, nothing to worry about. Overall I was really impressed with the quality of the program and staff, they all seem very knowledgeable, transparent, and want nothing more than for ALL of their students to succeed. They realize it is a huge investment for us, and they seem to be doing everything in their power to provide the best resources for us to pass the PANCE and become good providers. Ultimately my decision came down to the fact that I trust this program with my education more than others. 

Best of luck! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived