Hello!

I have applied to UAMS this year.  I was wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you about inviting you to an interview.  I applied to Christian Brothers, in Memphis, and they offered me an interview within a couple of days.  Does anyone know how long it takes and what the interview is like?  Of course, I'm assuming I get one.

Thanks so much!

Hello, I recently applied and received an email saying they have received my application and is in the process of reviewing it. Nothing else yet.

I have a friend that is in the inaugural class. She told me that she applied late and didn't have an interview until January/ February. Obviously it will be different for us applying for the third class/application cycle but I'm assuming it maybe awhile before we hear anything.

Please let me know if you heard anything!

Is there anyone going to the informational session next week?

i applied to UAMS last year. They are extremely slow. I did not even know until I got the interview if they had gotten all of my application stuff. The interview is very intense just a forewarning. 

They usually only do 1 - 2 interview sessions a month with 8-10 in each interview group starting in August and doing the last one in January. I applied last year in October and received an invitation in December for the January interview. It most likely depends on the information you applied with and how it compares to all the other applicants. So the time can greatly vary.  I know in my class, there were a few who interviewed before I even applied and heard they were accepted long after I had been. Luckily, I only had to wait 3 days after my interview to get the acceptance call whereas some of my classmates waited months.

Interviewed 08/22, accepted 09/12. Class of 2017!

Congrats.  That's great news.  Do you remember if they mentioned anything else about interview dates?

They told us at our interview that could be anywhere from the week after to December that we would find out. I think they're doing about two interviews per month through the end of January.

Has anyone else on this thread been accepted or had an interview or know someone who has?  All the Arkansas threads are like pulling teeth to get people to answer ha

I had an interview back in November and I still have not heard anything from UAMS. I called in January and Linda said the admissions committee was meeting and I would know something by Mid-January. After Mid-January passed, I called again and this time she told me I would for sure hear something at the end of the week around Feb. 6th. Now, it is another week later and still nothing. I am really starting to lose hope that there would be any spots left by now. 

I had an interview back in November and I still have not heard anything from UAMS. I called in January and Linda said the admissions committee was meeting and I would know something by Mid-January. After Mid-January passed, I called again and this time she told me I would for sure hear something at the end of the week around Feb. 6th. Now, it is another week later and still nothing. I am really starting to lose hope that there would be any spots left by now. 

They aren't very good at quick communication.  Congrats on the interview.  I applied in June and literally haven't heard a word since that day.  It's safe to say I'm out, but I'm not sure why I can't be informed of that.  

On 14/07/2014 at 6:37 AM, DoNoHarm14 said:

Hello!

I have applied to UAMS this year.  I was wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you about inviting you to an interview.  I applied to Christian Brothers, in Memphis, meilleur crédit and they offered me an interview within a couple of days.  Does anyone know how long it takes and what the interview is like?  Of course, I'm assuming I get one.

Thanks so much!

Oh, me too I am waiting for an interview :)