Applicants for 2015 start

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too. Sure would be nice to celebrate on thanksgiving if it's good news! I think the holiday is probably our downfall here :( Although last year my letter came during the last week, so maybe that is a good indication? Though that was when the interviews were on the 1st and 2nd...Anyways, I'll let you all know the second I recieve anything. Fingers crossed!

Did your letter mention anything about a wait list? Yea I was first on the wait list last year and they basically told me not to change anything because I would be as good as in this time around. So the rejection has pretty much crushed me. Maybe third times a charm...but don't let me discourage you. Congrats to those of you who got in

Tinal08 I was fourth on the waitlist last year. I was told that I was a very strong applicant and that I really didn't need to do anything to improve my application. They told me that If they had more room I would have been in. I did multiple things to improve my application and this year I received a rejection letter. No mention of being on the waitlist. I'm at a complete loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Tinal08 I was fourth on the waitlist last year. I was told that I was a very strong applicant and that I really didn't need to do anything to improve my application. They told me that If they had more room I would have been in. I did multiple things to improve my application and this year I received a rejection letter. No mention of being on the waitlist. I'm at a complete loss.

I completely know how you feel. Maybe they are waiting to produce a wait list until they hear from the accepted students. It is hard to tell though. The only thing I can think to improve at this point is to completely change jobs. Which is difficult because I don't have any certifications other than CPR and doing anything else at this point would take too long before applying again. Does anyone have any suggestions on additional PA's I can shadow, or leads on med tech/MA jobs? I just have no idea what else to do...

I would suggest getting an EMT or MA cert this spring and get hands on exp. I got my EMT cert this past spring and started working in July. You can't update hands on exp through CASPA once submitted. Some schools updated my file, some didn't. One school actually said i should have included what hrs i expected to gain hands on before i submitted my app through CASPA. Good luck

I completely know how you feel. Maybe they are waiting to produce a wait list until they hear from the accepted students. It is hard to tell though. The only thing I can think to improve at this point is to completely change jobs. Which is difficult because I don't have any certifications other than CPR and doing anything else at this point would take too long before applying again. Does anyone have any suggestions on additional PA's I can shadow, or leads on med tech/MA jobs? I just have no idea what else to do...

Shouldn't. They are usually avail at your community college. My EMT class was roughly $800.I signed up for the installment plan.

Won't an MA program run me thousands in tuition and be another full time program? I have a full time job so I can't do a full time program. I feel like it is a lot to do in only a few months....

Archived