2014-2015 application cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone else who's been accepted - I am so very excited to meet everyone this summer :)

For everyone asking about the interview process, it was a very relaxed atmosphere (but each group interviews with different faculty, so I can only speak for my experience!) It felt like more of a conversation than an interview.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I am a first year student at Midwestern-IL, and I would be happy to answer any question that you guys have.  I am on break for the rest of the week, so just let me know!  

Congrats to all those who were accepted, and do not worry if you are on the wait list! A ton of people were accepted off the wait list in my class, including me!  It seems that they put a lot of people on the wait list while they are interviewing and then take a lot of people off in January or February. 

• 2 weeks later...

Russella, when did you interview? And when did you find out about the waitlist? I'm (impatiently) still waiting...

At my interview, they mentioned that they re-evaluate each candidate every time they do a round of interviews. So after the next interview, they will discuss all those people and those that are on the waitlist, and accept/waitlist/deny again until all seats are filled, if that makes sense. I think they have two or three interview dates left.

Russella, when did you interview? And when did you find out about the waitlist? I'm (impatiently) still waiting...

At my interview, they mentioned that they re-evaluate each candidate every time they do a round of interviews. So after the next interview, they will discuss all those people and those that are on the waitlist, and accept/waitlist/deny again until all seats are filled, if that makes sense. I think they have two or three interview dates left.

I interviewed on Halloween. I found out about being waitlisted mid November. I have heard good things about getting accepted after being waitlisted, but it still makes me nervous. For how many people they interview compared to how many they accept, it feels as though the odds are against those whom are waitlisted. Hoping for the best though! When did you interview?

I interviewed on Halloween. I found out about being waitlisted mid November. I have heard good things about getting accepted after being waitlisted, but it still makes me nervous. For how many people they interview compared to how many they accept, it feels as though the odds are against those whom are waitlisted. Hoping for the best though! When did you interview?

I interviewed November 7th but haven't heard anything at all! They said they would meet between 6 and 8 weeks after my interview day because Thanksgiving and a conference were in there. Argh! Its terrible playing playing the waiting game. Good luck to you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived