2014-2015 application cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I really want to know where the class size is sitting right now. This was my first time applying for PA school and Midwestern was my only interview out of the 8 schools I applied to. I had my interview 01/23 and have been put on the wait list. I am trying to hold onto hope, but it is getting very hard!

I don't know how reliable this is, but the class facebook group size has been hovering around 60. I know the class size they are aiming for is about 86. This could either mean that the class isn't full or just that not all the members know about the facebook group. It was sent out in an email to everyone accepted though. Hope this helps a little!

Hi, has anyone applied and not received a response? I applied in April and still have not received a rejection or acceptance. At this point, I know that since I did not receive an interview, I was not accepted. However, when I reached out in order to obtain feedback regarding my application, I was informed it was still being reviewed. Just curious. 

Hi, has anyone applied and not received a response? I applied in April and still have not received a rejection or acceptance. At this point, I know that since I did not receive an interview, I was not accepted. However, when I reached out in order to obtain feedback regarding my application, I was informed it was still being reviewed. Just curious. 

Same exact thing has happened to me! I've called about once a month to check in and have gotten the same response that my application is still under review and that I would be informed of any change as soon as there is a change in status. When was the last time you called them to ask about your application? I'm assuming interviews have been done for a while, but I can't get a definitive answer on that either. 

Same exact thing has happened to me! I've called about once a month to check in and have gotten the same response that my application is still under review and that I would be informed of any change as soon as there is a change in status. When was the last time you called them to ask about your application? I'm assuming interviews have been done for a while, but I can't get a definitive answer on that either. 

I reached out last week. I just don't understand. I am not holding out any hope that I might be accepted. Do you know if anyone who has received a rejection letter? Maybe they wait to send those until they have filled the class so they aren't bombarded with questions. I don't know. 

I reached out last week. I just don't understand. I am not holding out any hope that I might be accepted. Do you know if anyone who has received a rejection letter? Maybe they wait to send those until they have filled the class so they aren't bombarded with questions. I don't know. 

I tried today to reach out and asked specific questions and still got the generic response back.  I got into a different school, but was still holding out hope that I wouldn't have to move away from my kids/husband for the next couple of years.  We will see. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is both an accepted waitlist and an alternate list? Or is their version of a waitlist simply their "alternate" list?

Also does anyone who is currently accepted know how full the class is? Waiting on this alternate list is agonizing. 

Does anyone know if there is both an accepted waitlist and an alternate list? Or is their version of a waitlist simply their "alternate" list?

Also does anyone who is currently accepted know how full the class is? Waiting on this alternate list is agonizing. 

They only have the "alternate list." Can't say exactly how full the class is, but right now there are 74 members on the Facebook group. Orientation is less than a month off though (June 3rd), so I wouldn't expect too much movement. 

I emailed admissions on Tuesday, May 12th to ask about my application status since I am also on the alternate list, but all I received back was that I was still on the alternate list and that once a final decision has been made they will contact me as soon as possible. I don't think much will happen, but I am trying to send out my next application for the coming cycle as soon as I can, however, I don't want to send it until I offically know I am not accepted at Midwestern because I don't want to spend that much money and then in the off chance get in.

Archived