New Orleans App Cycle 2014-2015

Has anyone been notified if their application has been received/complete? I tried asking today, but just got this email back. 

Thank you very much for your interest in the LSUHSC-New Orleans Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.

Please track the status of your application via CASPA. We will send emails once the review process has been completed.

Again, thanks for your interest in the LSUHSC- New Orleans Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.

And all CASPA says is verified. Other schools have told me my app is complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got an email today saying: "Thank you for your interest in the LSUHSC-New Orleans Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program. Your application has been received. The Admissions Committee is in the process of completing the screening stage of the review process. We were gratified to receive over 400 qualified applications for the 30 available seats." I have no idea if I am part of the 400 or not. Did anybody else get this email?

• 3 weeks later...

They have started interviewing applicants. The first day they conducted interviews was on 8/22. From what they told me, they are using one day per week to do the interviews. So from 8/22 onward, they should be using one day per week for interviews until they interview 200 applicants. According to their website, they only interview 200 people. I might be wrong on that number but there is a specific number on their website. On the day I went, they had ~8 people scheduled to interview. 

Good luck!

Just heard from a 2nd year PA student at LSUHSC-NO:

They have only interviewed 6 people so far, and they are waiting a few weeks to pick back up. (That much she said she knows)

She said she thinks they interview in alphabetical order... But she says it's just a theory.

Good luck! Hope this helps calm everyone's nerves!

PS- did anyone else get the bizarre "We're still reviewing applications" email today?

Just heard from a 2nd year PA student at LSUHSC-NO:

They have only interviewed 6 people so far, and they are waiting a few weeks to pick back up. (That much she said she knows)

She said she thinks they interview in alphabetical order... But she says it's just a theory.

Good luck! Hope this helps calm everyone's nerves!

PS- did anyone else get the bizarre "We're still reviewing applications" email today?

I got that same email today.  Thanks for the update!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received an email recently about interviews? Here's what I got this morning (had some complications with my university sending my transcript to CASPA a while back):

Thank you for your application to the LSU Health Shreveport PA Program. Your application is in committee review. We are currently assigning interview dates for October, November, and December. You will be notified by email if anything is found to be missing from your application. You will be notified by email if you are selected or not for an interview.

Again, thank you for applying and good luck.

Sincerely,

LSU Admissions Committee

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck to everyone who got interviews! If y'all feel comfortable, could you update us on your acceptance? We'd love to hear your stats and/or any advice for those of us who need to apply again next year!

Congratulations, y'all! : )

Hello! Hope I can help..

I interviewed in late August and was informed of my acceptance about a month later (though they did tell me I wouldn't hear until November too). I called this week to get some info about when classes start (January 7th and orientation is the 5th) and Ms. Johnnie said they were still interviewing. So don't give up hope!

As for my stats:

I'm a Louisiana resident. Graduated from LSU. For HCE, I worked as a medical assistant for two years after graduation (also had some other shadowing). 3.79 overall GPA and I think a 3.6 science. GRE was 157 verbal 157 math and 3.5 writing.

Hi!

I got an email to go interview last week and the interview is scheduled exactly 1 week later. They say you have 48 hours to reply to email. 

I won't copy and paste the entire email, but it did say that "interviews will be scheduled in 20 minute increments and will include members of the Admissions Committee". I'm not sure if they mean that you will interview for 20 minutes with each interviewer or if your entire interview will last 20 minutes then they will move onto the next person. Does anyone have any clarification on this?

Archived