Tufts University PA Program

Does anyone here know much about Tufts?  I couldn't find it on the list of PA schools... Any current students? Do you enjoy the program? Pros/Cons?  Like Boston?  Would you do anything different if you could start over again?  Thanks, just curious if any students in the program read this forum.

Does anyone here know much about Tufts?  I couldn't find it on the list of PA schools... Any current students? Do you enjoy the program? Pros/Cons?  Like Boston?  Would you do anything different if you could start over again?  Thanks, just curious if any students in the program read this forum.

Hey there. I actually just interviewed at Tufts last week and got my acceptance this week! The students who gave us a campus tour said they loved the school and the program. The pros include the amazing clinical sites in and around boston, the campus itself, and the supportive faculty. The only cons that were mentioned was study space and classroom size which have since been expanded through construction. The faculty sends out surveys often to ask students how they feel about the program and they really make an effort to listen to their needs and meet them. I 'm excited and confident to be apart of their third PA class!

Congratulations, mdamianc90! Would you mind sharing when your CASPA application was verified, your Tufts application complete, etc, to give a picture of the turnaround process for their review? (More clearly, how long was it between all of your items being submitted to Tufts and being notified of an interview?)

Hey there. I actually just interviewed at Tufts last week and got my acceptance this week! The students who gave us a campus tour said they loved the school and the program. The pros include the amazing clinical sites in and around boston, the campus itself, and the supportive faculty. The only cons that were mentioned was study space and classroom size which have since been expanded through construction. The faculty sends out surveys often to ask students how they feel about the program and they really make an effort to listen to their needs and meet them. I 'm excited and confident to be apart of their third PA class!

Congratulations, mdamianc90! Would you mind sharing when your CASPA application was verified, your Tufts application complete, etc, to give a picture of the turnaround process for their review? (More clearly, how long was it between all of your items being submitted to Tufts and being notified of an interview?)

I interviewed on July 16 and just got my offer this morning!

They said it is usually a 2 week period to hear back from them so keep positive. I'm excited to meet my fellow classmates for class of 2017.

Good Luck to everyone still applying, happy to help with questions if you have any.

Hey there and thanks! My Caspa application was verified quickly cause it was from last years cycle. Everything was completed and submitted July 1st. I interviewed July 9th and got my acceptance email on the 14th!

I interviewed on July 16 and just got my offer this morning (July 17)!

They said it is usually a 2 week period to hear back from them so keep positive. I'm excited to meet my fellow classmates for class of 2017.

Good Luck to everyone still applying, happy to help with questions if you have any.

Congrats!! Tufts is definitely one of my top schools. I have an interview August 5th. 

How was the interview?

Congrats!! Tufts is definitely one of my top schools. I have an interview August 5th. 

How was the interview?

It was an inviting atmosphere and pretty casual for an interviewing environment. It was nice because all interviewees had a couple of minutes to talk with each other prior to getting started with everything else. I enjoyed the set up of having the interview first then all of the other stuff after that - tour, slide show, etc.

Overall, the faculty/administration were very nice and inviting and the students were honest and helpful. Everyone really enjoys being a part of that program so it makes me that much more confident in my decision!

Well wishes next month for your interview!

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy! before you got your acceptance email did you also another email before that? Or was it the first you had heard back after your interview?

Heyy! before you got your acceptance email did you also another email before that? Or was it the first you had heard back after your interview?

Hey ljdill11. I received an email first from the admissions office and the actual physical mail acceptance letter about a week after the email! goodluck!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I interviewed the other day and the program is amazing.  I was impressed with how encouraging they are but still have very high standards for education.  You can't beat the area in downtown Boston. It's definitely going to rival Duke and Northwestern.  If anyone else is interviewing/interviewed let us know how it went!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Funny story, I interviewed to this program in July. It was my first PA school interview and I had no idea what to expect. I thought I represented myself horribly during the interview and was really bummed leaving their office. I checked my email later that day to find an admission offer. After examining the email a bit further I found that it had a time-stamp predating my actual interview. I was actually accepted to the program before i interviewed. strange. Kind of put a bad taste in my mouth as to the program's standards for admission...

Archived