Intro advice - Military

I have a few Ideas, but I need some advice.  Let me know what you think.

“Now lie face down on the table and drop your pants a little.”  A somewhat odd request, but my mom was in the room so it couldn’t be anything too bad, right?  Wrong!  Next thing I know the doctor or nurse or whoever jabs a large needle into my buttock and depress a thick viscous liquid that seemed to have never ending supply.  This is my earliest medical related memory; so to say that I always wanted to be a physician assistant or in the medical field period would be a slight exaggeration.

Then I was going say how my opinion/perspective have change... moving into some military anecdotes from my time in Iraq (using experiences from two tours) with the naval special operation EOD teams (bomb squad - I wouldn't actually use acronyms) and how my experiences have solidified my interest/ desire for the PA profession......

Or

Should I leave out the first part and instead begin with/ make the entire personal statement military oriented???

Any advice/criticism is welcome.

Cheers

Hahaha. It's funny and grabs your attention, that's for sure. But just because it's far from mundane doesn't mean you should stick with it.

I agree with UGoLong. Do some stream-of-consciousness writing, and see what you come up with. Then, if this silly anecdote still fits in, go for it. But don't force it. 

Write your whole story in about 500 words and see what happens. After a while, you'll know what is superfluous and what helps with the story.

From what I've read, I know almost nothing about you. You should remedy that.

you know that he doesn't like shots....and probably likes the movie "the hurt locker"

Archived