2014-2015 Application Cycle

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who received confirmation of receipt of secondary application on July 11th got a rejection letter yet?

Just spoke with Michael,

This is a rolling admissions process and our last interview group is in January 2015 for this application cycle with the exception of MHS students who interview in February.

Applications submitted before Sept 1st are most likely going to be reviewed. If you apply in September, your chances of being reviewed are slim to none. 

There are some people who have not been selected for interviews and have been notified. 

There are also some people who were selected for interviews a few weeks ago and haven't responded to their email. So make sure to check your spam and that you have a valid email address. They will not call you. Admissions will only contact you via email. 

The first interview group will be held on August 27th and the first round of acceptances should be going out sometime in November. 

No essay on the supplemental.

My interview is on Oct 22nd, the second to last session in the first interview group - From my experience last year and in talking with Michael this year, they are going to do about 5-6 interviews and then meet and decide who is accepted from that grouping. Then they will do another 5-6 interviews and decide who is accepted from that grouping. They accept roughly half the class in the first group and generate a wait list. They accept the remaining half of the class from the second group and if they do not have enough to fill the class from the second group, they go to the wait list from the first grouping.

So it does not make too much of a difference if you are the first or last interview, but being part of the first group is probably favorable.

Guest Emmy67

I'm curious to see what everyone is wearing to interviews. Mine is on September 10th and it's going to be really hot! I'm just not sure if I should bring my suit jacket. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter please share with me! Thanks.

@sberman67. I would bring your suit jacket for sure. The only time you will be outside is in the morning when you go from your car to the building and then when you leave the interview and walk back to your vehicle. Otherwise, you are inside an air conditioned building for the entire interview. Last year I interviewed in September in a pant suit and it was just fine.

I'll be calling Michael sometime this week to release my interview date to another candidate - good luck!!

Hi everyone! 

I received an email today from CASPA stating my application is verified. Does this mean Touro can now review my application? How long did it take everyone else from the time they were verified to receive an email from Touro? 

Lastly, has anyone heard anything about interview slots being full? 

Thank you

Lastly, has anyone heard anything about interview slots being full? 

Thank you

There are about 2 days worth of interview spots that are still open. However those spots are most likely going to be filled up shortly. So hang tight if you've submitted your supplemental application and haven't heard anything.

If you haven't submitted your CASPA application, my advice is to save your money and apply next year. 

Good luck to all those who are waiting to hear about their interview status and to this years interviewees.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it is necessary to bring copies of my resume to the interview? It's my first PA school interview ever and I know the emails didn't say it was necessary to bring them but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Yes, just like Timon said. Good luck to everyone interviewing.

Advice: I didn't believe when everyone said to just be yourself. That seemed too easy and straight forward. It is that simple, being yourself makes you feel comfortable and you can answer the questions without over thinking them.

Touro Nevada is an amazing program, with an incredible staff. They made me feel comfortable and welcome. Their students on campus looked happy and motivated. Anyone would be blessed to go here! Good luck to all!

Remember: relax, it's about you.

Archived