2014-2015 Application Cycle

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all of those who are accepted!

If you've been wait listed, just hang tight as they pull from the wait list frequently (at least for c/o 2015 they did). 

You're all are going to love TUN! They've done an amazing job preparing us for clinical rotations and our preceptors have been happy with us from the classmates I've spoken too.

= o)

Congratulation everyone who has received an acceptance letter so far! I am so excited for you.

My interview is set for December 3rd. I am a Las Vegas local. If anyone has the same interview date and wants to meet up for dinner or something the night before, let me know. It would be nice to have familiar faces, the more the merrier. :)

Nyla K.

Congratulation everyone who has received an acceptance letter so far! I am so excited for you.

My interview is set for December 3rd. I am a Las Vegas local. If anyone has the same interview date and wants to meet up for dinner or something the night before, let me know. It would be nice to have familiar faces, the more the merrier. :)

Nyla K.

I'm on dec. 3 too. Can't wait!

@timon - I thought that in the interview they said that those on the waitlist had to wait until February, when they would then decide who off of the waitlist would be accepted. Or do they just take people off the waitlist as spots open up?

It's both. Usually they'll fill the 1st 20-30 spots and as they get responses they'll start pulling from the wait list. Then another round of interviews takes place which includes the MHS students who go last. From there they'll start filling in the rest of the open seats. Usually about 10-16 spots are given to MHS students (although that number can always change).

Once that happens in February some will be taken off the wait list and be given bad news and others will remain unchanged in their status. The top 2 applicants on the wait list are on something like a "super wait list" where you're invited to orientation and if someone doesn't show up, you're in. (This happened in my class). I believe that these two are also automatically accepted to the next years class if they choose to apply again.

I hope that makes sense. Best of luck!

People have had a little trouble finding the group on Facebook for those accepted.....if you search "pa class Nevada" it should pull up a few, then look for the 2017 class.

Hi, 

I'm the student ambassador for the class of 2016. Just wanted to let you know there is already a facebook created for the class of 2017. SO would be patient and wait for me to get the accepted and paid deposit list I will add you to the facebook group. Here you will be able to connect with my classmates with any questions or concerns. 

Thank you, 

Bettina 

I just started a Facebook group for those of you accepted.. "Touro University Nevada PA class of 2017". Send an invite and I'll accept you in. :) start the family early.

Hi, 

I'm the student ambassador for the class of 2016. Just wanted to let you know there is already a facebook created for the class of 2017. SO would be patient and wait for me to get the accepted and paid deposit list I will add you to the facebook group. Here you will be able to connect with my classmates with any questions or concerns. 

Thank you, 

Bettina 

Has anyone been rejected or wait listed? All I've heard is people who got accepted....

I'm sure there are, you won't hear about them for a bit.

The wait list isn't solidified until they get their first batch of students to commit as well as have all of their deposits.

Rejections go out by mail so one would expect to see those probably late next week.

From what I heard, they've like pretty much everyone they've interviewed and it's been very tough this year selecting students because everyone is so well accomplished / stands out as an applicant.

Timon, in the acceptance email it said to let them know immediately but that we would get an envelope with instructions etc... would you say we should wait for that packet or are we supposed to email them?

I would reply back via email and say you plan on attending the program and that you accept your acceptance. 

You'll get a packet via snail mail and it will have a form that you sign acknowledging your acceptance and you'll get instructions on how to pay your deposit and a TCWeb login credentials. I remember I emailed, fax and snail mailed everything back them lol. I didn't want there to be any mistakes or errors. 

You can always call Michael Wilson if you have any questions. He's also very good at responding via email. 

Archived