Application cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they send out another email with more details after you have confirmed your interview date? I called ~1.5 weeks ago and confirmed my attendance but haven't heard from them again.

I'm in the same boat! I don't think we're going to get additional details. Everything we need to know seems to be in the initial interview invitation.

Are there any previous interviewees willing to share what the interview format is like?

Hello everyone! I am currently a PA student at Weill Cornell and remember this grueling process all too well. If anyone has any questions about the program, please feel free to ask! I would love to help and am very excited to meet the class of 2017! Private messages are fine as well if you have more specific/personal questions. Good luck to you all!

Does the program offer student hosted housing for those of us who are traveling to interview at Weill Cornell?

For those of you wondering about the interview process, I am a current student in Cornell's program and I may be able to give some insight. I'm not sure if it has changed at all since I interviewed, but I can tell you how it was for my class. 

I believe the morning started off with an introduction from the program administration and you will be introduced to a few students who are currently in the program. After the introduction we did a short writing sample and then proceeded with the interviews. I interviewed with 2 faculty members one-on-one and then had a group session with 6-8 other applicants and 2 current students. Once the interviews were over, we left with the students to receive a tour of the medical school/library and the housing options. 

If anyone has any other questions about the interview process or anything else about the program feel free to ask!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

I know you are all in the middle of application season and it sucks and is stressful but perhaps this will help. I am in the 2015 graduating class but I can give you guys some insight into the application process. Also please contact the other current students who have posted here as they can definitely help you out in your decision making process. Cornell does do rolling admissions so you have just as much of a shot of getting in if you interview in the first bunch than if you interview in the last group. As of thanksgiving I believe there were around 10ish seats (of 30) still available and there is still at least 2 interview dates remaining I believe. Obviously this number will change (both up and down) as people submit their acceptances or turn down their seats. From my experience, and those of my classmates, about 2-5 people got in from each interview date. Its a small number of applicants who get interviewed so if you are invited for these later interview dates you still have the same chance of getting in as the people from September. Also historically they will accept a student or two from the wait list every year. They will not reject anyone after the interview outright since they review all the applications again if they are pulling from the wait list. 

I believe all acceptances will be announced via phone call this year with an official letter to follow. Then you have a set period of time to decide if Cornell is a good fit for you and send them your $$ and acceptance notice. Those of you who have been accepted the 2016 class will be contacting you to set you up with a current student who you can email back and forth with before the program begins. 

As far as where to stay when you come for an interview my best suggestion would be in NJ. The public transit into the city is great and cheap and the hotels over there are much less expensive. Most students live in student housing on the medical campus so unfortunately its hard for us to board you guys since its rare to have a spare bed/sleeper couch. 

Enjoy the rest of the winter, for those of you joining us at Cornell we look forward to seeing you in March!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Archived